Veterinary Assistant - Route 516 Animal Hospital
Old Bridge, NJ
Route 516 Animal Hospital – Assistants /
What are we looking for?
As a Veterinary Assistant, you will provide compassionate patient and client care while assisting primary care veterinarians in the exam room and on the treatment floor. We are looking for caring, self-motivated individuals who enjoys interacting with clients/co-workers. Veterinary Assistants obtain and record medical histories, educate clients on wellness protocols and home care, assist doctors with administrative tasks, and provide medical care to canine and feline patients. Experience is preferred, but we will mentor the right candidate.
We know there are a lot of animal hospitals out there, so why choose us?
- A place to grow: Our commitment to training and Medical Advancement means you’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge as well as providing a path for advancing your career.
- A team to support you: At each shift, you’ll find colleagues ready to work together — we’ll be here when you need an extra hand, a moment to laugh, or a shoulder to cry on.
- A focus on your work-life balance: We’re committed to offering a benefits package that supports your life and wellbeing and thanks you for the care you give our patients every day.
Our benefits package:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, along with a company contribution to an HSA account
- Paid parental, family, and medical leave
- Flexible scheduling
- 401k with company match
- Continuing education allowance & professional development stipend
- Paid time off, including a bank of PTO and floating holiday time
What will you do?
- Assists veterinarians and facilitates Primary Care appointments
- Establishes and maintains effective client relationships
- Reviews scheduled appointment information and patient history prior to appointment
- Obtains accurate patient history from clients and records information in digital medical record
- Performs safe and effective restraint appropriate for patient temperament and breed to allow examination and medical procedures
- Performs procedures including nail trims, ear cleanings, medication administration, etc.
- Collects, labels, and delivers diagnostic samples to in-house laboratory
- Accurately records and invoices procedures/diagnostics and dispensed medications
- Explains medical conditions, treatment options, and recommended care
- Assists Primary Care doctors with administrative tasks and client follow-up
- Maintains a clean hospital environment to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and clients
- Helps doctors with educating clients through medical plans and treatments
- Is courteous to all staff members and clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
What do you have?
- A love for animals and a passion for the veterinary field
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Minimum of 1 year veterinary experience preferred
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A compassionate, attentive, positive and respectful attitude
- A collaborative spirit- a willingness to support the team, be flexible and dependable
- A strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to manage time and priorities with minimal direct supervision
- Punctuality and exceptional attendance
- A willingness to work non-traditional hours such as weekends, evenings, and a share of holidays
Route 516 Animal Hospital + Encore Vet Group: Your work family
Every day, when we go to work, we strive to do two things: help animals in need and have fun doing it! We invest in our practice teams through professional development, competitive benefits, and a supportive community that allow you to thrive in both your job and personal life. When you become a part of Encore, you not only enjoy the resources we offer; you benefit from the collective knowledge of our partner hospitals who are all committed to improving the veterinary profession — and helping you succeed.
At the Rt. 516 Animal Hospital we understand the special bond that exists between people and their pets. Therefore, it is our mission to provide the highest quality veterinary care to our companion animals. We will strive to maintain a state of the art facility and provide modern medical, surgical and dental treatment.
We pledge to employ a professional and compassionate health care team and offer the opportunity to expand their knowledge and capabilities. We will educate our clients about responsible pet ownership and preventative health care. We promise to do all this in a friendly environment, treating each patient and client with sincere concern and respect and all patients as if they were our own.