Veterinary Assistant, Client Service Representative- Mesa Veterinary Hospital
Golden, CO /
Mesa Veterinary Hospital – Support Staff /
We are a busy 9-doctor practice that aims to focus on excellent work-culture and team-work! We are looking to add another veterinary assistant/client service representative to our team to help care for animals and support our veterinarians.
You will play an important role in bringing comfort to our furry patients and ensuring the smooth running of our facility. In your role as a veterinary assistant/client service representative, you will be cross trained to work alongside our doctors in exam rooms, as well as at the front desk of our hospital, interacting directly with our wonderful clients. You will be able to utilize your skills in animal restraint, medical terminology, and customer service. At Mesa, we treat cats and dogs, as well as exotics, so you will get the opportunity to work hands on with all sorts of animals!
Do you love animals? Then you’re halfway there. Previous experience is amazing, but not required. We will provide training onsite for this position. This is an excellent position for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in veterinary medicine, veterinary technician students and vet students are encouraged to apply! You will gain invaluable hands on experience and get to work directly along side our incredible veterinarians!
- Restrain animals during examinations or vaccinations
- Soothe upset or frightened animals
- Fill medications prescribed by Veterinarians in our in-house pharmacy
- Observe animal behavior or health condition and report to the Vet
- Help in cases of emergencies
- Handle administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and facilitating communication between our doctors and clients
- Keep accurate medical records and logs
- Reassure clients that their pets are being cared for and explain issues (e.g. lack of appointments, insurance matters)
- Work closely with clients via phone, email, and text message to facilitate scheduling needs and answer questions
- Proven experience as a Veterinary Assistant or similar position working with animals is favorable
- Experience in an administrative role is a plus
- Current or former pet ownership is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient and caring personality
- Ability to follow instructions properly
- Comfortable being around animals (cats, dogs, birds, reptiles etc.)
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (e.g. lift up to 50 lbs)
- High school diploma; a certificate from a Veterinary Assistant program is a plus
- This position involves a variety of shifts including day shifts (8-5), "evening" shifts (12-8), and some short weekend shifts (8am to noon).
Monday 8am - 8pm
Tuesday 8am - 8pm
Wednesday 8am - 8pm
Thursday 8am - 8pm
Friday 8am - 5:30pm
Saturday 8am - noon
Sunday 8am - noon
If you have a passion for working with animals think this position might be a good fit for you, please reach out! We look forward to meeting with you and adding a new team member to our Mesa family!
For more information on our facility and services please see our website: https://www.yourmesavet.com/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour