Emergency Veterinary Assistant Coordinator
Friendship Hospital for Animals – Assistants /
We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant/Coordinator to join the Emergency Team!
Excellent Benefits and Compensation! Flexible Scheduling!
- Assists emergency veterinarians with physical exams and outpatient treatments for triages
- Communicates clearly and effectively with clients throughout the triage process
- Aid in obtaining patient medical records and diagnostic results from other facilities as needed
- Obtain accurate patient history from clients and records information in digital medical record
- Performs safe and effective restraint appropriate for patient temperament and breed to allow examination and medical procedures
- Review estimates with clients explain deposit process
- Performs procedures including nail trims, ear cleanings, medication administration (IV, IM, oral, SQ, ear, and eye), Subcutaneous fluids, etc. On outpatient basis
- Collects, labels, and delivers diagnostic samples to in-house laboratory
- Accurately records and invoices procedures/diagnostics and dispensed medications
- Explains medical conditions, treatment options, and recommended care
- Assists Emergency doctors with administrative tasks and client follow-up
- Client communication and documentation
- Maintains a clean hospital environment to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and clients
- Crosstrain as ECC VA for hospitalized patient support
- Other duties as assigned
We're exclusively seeking individuals who embrace a nurturing, cooperative, and ethical environment, where genuine individuals come together to share knowledge, uplift one another and enhance the health and happiness of our patients, clients, team members, and the community. Of course having fun while doing so is a non-negotiable!
Be the first to check us out:
Meet Our Hospital:
Friendship Hospital for Animals is a top-tier AAHA Accredited veterinary hospital providing compassionate patient care including wellness, emergency and specialized care. Our range of specialized departments includes critical care, radiology, anesthesiology, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology, internal medicine/hemodialysis, rehab therapy, and surgery. Our facility is equipped with cutting-edge MRI and CT technology, a dedicated ICU, long-term ventilator capability, and onsite hemodialysis. We are constantly evolving to provide the most advanced, state-of-the art comprehensive care. We believe in sharing our knowledge with the community through continuing education, externships, internships and residency programs.