Veterinary Client Service Representative, Weekdays
Chattanooga, TN /
Veterinary Care and Specialty Group – Support Staff /
We are looking for a weekend Client Service Representative for Veterinary Care and Specialty Group (VCSG), an emergency and referral hospital located in the South Broad area of Chattanooga, TN. We are a full-service hospital for small animal emergencies, treating a myriad of cases from simple to complex. This role would work weekdays from 3:45pm to 12:00AM.
Our facility has the latest diagnostic equipment including ultrasound, digital x-ray, CT, hyperbarics, MRI, and state-of-the-art lab equipment. We have full-time ER veterinarians and trained technicians on hand at all times. We also have board-certified specialists seeing cases on a referral basis from local veterinarians. Specialists include internal medicine, surgery, neurology, oncology, and critical care, as well as physical therapy.
We are looking for a receptionist who is compassionate and attentive to both patients and clients. Receptionists must be able to multi-task, understand the urgency of emergency work, and be able to move with the flow. You will learn new skills, but you must be efficient at using a computer and managing multi-line phones. This line of work is as much about the clients as it is about the animals. You must show compassion and understanding to the clients as most are here under dire circumstances with their pets. Experience in a veterinary setting is a plus.
VCSG offers benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance, personal pet allowances, generous PTO and holiday pay, 401k with match, and other benefits. Experience as a receptionist or in customer service is required.
Salary Range $13-15/hr
Skills required for this position would include, but are not limited to:
- Client services & excellent communication skills
- Ability to appropriately apply payment methods
- Relaying messages to the appropriate technician or doctor
- Calling clients to confirm appointments
- Answering multi-line phone system
- Cleaning exam rooms, bathrooms, entryway, snack bar, etc
- Restocking supplies in bathrooms, exam rooms, etc.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with clients and answer questions as needed
- Friendly, outgoing personality