Accounts Payable Manager
Saratoga Springs, NY /
Encore Vet Group – Finance /
Encore Vet Group partners with thriving veterinary practices to broaden our community, bring people together, share values and commit to creating better lives for people and their pets! Our team of industry leading professionals has both clinical and operational experience, which helps provide meaningful support for our partnered practices. We know the future of veterinary medicine looks different, and we want to be leaders in shaping that future.
Culture is at our core. The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the supervision of the Accounts Payable process and staff. The role is designed to lead the team as they support the Finance department and the individual locations.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the role will manage a team, and interact with other department members across the organization as well as external vendor and banking contacts.
· Lead and participate with the Accounts Payable analyst team in their efforts to:
o Accurately code and input data
o Complete imports of vendor data into the ERP system
o Maintain accurate vendor records and 1099 classifications
o Maintain accurate and orderly files
o Resolution of Vendor billing issues
· Maintain relationships between the accounting staff and the Controller to support expense analysis and vendor relations
· Propose and process bi-weekly payment runs
· Maintain the relationship with the third-party payment processor including vendor records and reconciliation of cash outstanding
· Work with the Controller on the impact of Accounts Payable on the cash flow forecast
· Lead initiatives associated with growth in efficiency and automation
· Maintain Concur including coding mapping and user settings
· Assist in establishment of new vendor relationships including credit applications
What we are looking for!
· Degree in Business or commensurate experience is required.
· Experience leading a team
· Relevant experience with:
o Accounts Payable
o Vendor relations
o Statement Reconciliations
o Customer Service
o Project Management
o Automation initiatives
o Business accounting cycle including month-end closings, and vendor payment cycles.
o Sales Tax
· Experience with multiple cost codes and location codes.
· Experience in a company environment working towards a common goal.
· Knowledge and experience working in a shared IT network.
· Ability to discuss and translate financial concepts to an audience of varying financial skill sets.
· Ability to multi-task and manage time to work effectively in a fast paced, high growth environment.
· Willingness to foster a positive and fun work environment.
What Encore is Offering!
Work-life Rewards- Includes competitive salary & benefits, such as medical, employer-funded HSA, dental and vision, 401k with match, generous PTO & paid holidays, paid family leave, and much more!
We strive to be the Employer of Choice!
If you would like to work for a company that gives you the platform to do amazing things, we would love to learn more about you!
See our culture in action at www.encorevet.com or www.facebook.com/encorevetgroup!
Ready to join our team? Send your resume and cover letter so we can connect!
Encore Vet Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status as protected by law. Employment decisions are made based upon merit, qualifications, and business needs.