Washington, DC /
CityPaws Animal Hospital - 14th Street – Assistants /
CityPaws Animal Hospital is an extremely busy fast paced 8 doctor AAHA certified hospital in the heart of NW Washington DC. We currently have an opening for a full time Veterinary Assistant. This position is a very active role within our hospital and would love to find an applicant with prior veterinary experience.
The ideal candidate:
- Delivers exceptional customer service at all times.
- Executes job functions with pride and accuracy.
- Adheres to safety protocols at all times.
- Contributes to team efficiency by being proactive in their workspace and anticipating needs.
- Takes initiative to maintain a clean working environment.
- Understands common zoonotic conditions, their symptoms and subsequent safe patient handling.
- Stays aware of patient conditions and knows when to notify a doctor or veterinary technician if anything is abnormal. Understands emergent issues or potential emergent issues and react accordingly.
- Ability to use practice management software as directed.
- Maintains patient care logs and other recordkeeping as indicated.
- Maintains laundry and general housekeeping of the practice, including washing pet’s dishes.
- Follows proper protocol for cleaning and sanitizing all cages, runs, and wards.
- Performs other duties as needed and which make a positive impact on the practice and company.
- Responsible for baths and basic grooming, if indicated.
- 1-2 years job experience working at a veterinary practice is preferred (but will consider applicants with less experience if they are motivated to learn and contribute fully to the practice)
We are offering competitive wages depending of previous experience, medical and dental benefits, commuting benefits, continuing education, paid vacation and sick time and paid uniforms. This is a full time position of 35 to 40 hours per week, must be available to work on Saturdays and we are closed on Sundays.