Veterinary Anesthesiologist - Friendship Hospital For Animals
Washington, DC /
Friendship Hospital for Animals – Veterinary Doctors /
We are seeking a full-time, boarded anesthesiologist to join our busy and expanding anesthesia and pain management team. They would be joining our current anesthesiologist in managing our growing anesthetic caseload throughout our facility. A successful candidate should possess excellent communication skills, a focus on teamwork and collaboration, and a desire to train and develop the anesthesia team.
- Supervise anesthesia of patients undergoing a diversity of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Monitoring available: invasive blood pressure monitoring, neuromuscular blockade monitoring, blood gas capabilities; dedicated in-suite MRI monitor with remote monitor
- Perform advanced locoregional anesthesia as indicated; a dedicated ultrasound with linear probe is available solely for this purpose.
- Consult with doctors of all hospital departments on pain management and sedation plans.
- Consult with referring veterinarians as need arises; opportunities to provide continuing education outside of the hospital may be available.
- Provide didactic lectures to rotating interns.
Meet our hospital:
Established in 1936, Friendship Hospital for Animals provides high quality, compassionate veterinary care to the dogs and cats of the Washington D.C. metro area. Our vision is to be the most medically progressive small animal hospital in the country while adhering to our core values of teamwork, collaboration and respect. We are AAHA accredited and provide wellness, emergency and specialty care with over 60 veterinarians on staff, including 13 rotating interns and over 20 specialists.
Friendship has specialty departments including emergency/critical care, clinical pathology, radiology, anesthesiology, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology, internal medicine/hemodialysis, rehab therapy, and surgery. We have MRI, CT, a separate dedicated ICU, long-term ventilator capability, and hemodialysis onsite. In addition to providing clients and their pets the highest quality of medicine and service, Friendship Hospital is also a fun and rewarding place to work and grow.
Excellent compensation and generous benefits are offered.
Living in Washington, DC:
Friendship is proud to be a part of the Washington DC community. Our diverse and historic neighborhoods provide enrichment, entertainment, and excitement to new and long-term residents alike. While known for its monuments and museums, the District is also known for its parks and pet-friendly accommodations. Most residents live within a 10-minute walk of a park - including Rock Creek Park, the oldest urban park in the country, popular for hiking and outdoor activities. DC's Kennedy Center and Lincoln Theater offer world-class entertainment and theater. Top universities such as Georgetown, Howard, George Washington, and American (situated around Friendship's campus) attract students and scholars from around the world. Public transportation includes metrorail, metrobus, electric scooters, Capital Bikeshare, and Car2Go. Enjoy DC's varied and eclectic food scene, celebrate a win with the Washington Capitals and Washington Nationals, visit the century-old cherry blossoms or take a weekend trip to nearby Shenandoah Valley, Harper's Ferry, or Annapolis.