Emergency Veterinarian - Veterinary Emergency Center
Maumee, OH /
Veterinary Emergency Center – Veterinary Doctors /
Veterinary Emergency Center (VEC) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic emergency veterinarian to join our expanding team!
Since 2013, Veterinary Emergency Center has made it a priority to offer outstanding emergency vet care and urgent care services to Toledo, Maumee, and surrounding areas.
Our facility houses an on-site laboratory, digital X-ray equipment, ultrasound, and endoscopy.
A successful applicant should possess a strong professional desire for excellence, exceptional communication skills, a focus on collaboration, and a love of teaching and mentoring.
Our Emergency Veterinarians play a significant role in the medical operations of the veterinary practice. They are responsible for the compassionate care of animal patients in conjunction with delivery of exceptional communication and service to animal owners.
Occupants of this role are expected to exhibit the highest standards of professional integrity and deliver optimal medical care to include: diagnostics, prescribing medications, performing various treatments and therapies, and completion of surgical procedures. Associate Veterinarians are also expected to be leaders of the practice while elevating their qualified support staff to deliver excellent client service and to carry out duties which do not require Veterinarian licensure.
What we offer:
Remarkable Culture: Our veterinarians and support staff give their all every day to help, heal, and save lives. We strive to give pet parents confidence knowing that their animal companions are receiving exceptional, around-the-clock treatment when their regular vet’s office is closed.
Work-life Rewards - We offer a competitive wage, generous paid-time-off, medical, dental, vision, employer funded HSA, paid family leave, 401k + company match, continuing education allowance, pet care benefits, and so much more!
Work-Life Balance– We offer a schedule that promotes wellness & work-life balance. Maumee offers small town charm in close proximity to Toledo. Live and play along the beautiful Maumee River. Enjoy a community with rich history, above average schools, outdoor adventures, as well as, parks, coffee shops and fantastic restaurants.
• DVM degree or equivalent
• License to practice veterinary medicine within applicable state(s)
• Previous experience practicing emergency medicine is required
• Diverse academic knowledge of veterinary medicine
• Ability to translate medical knowledge and to train support staff
• Proficient computer and software skills including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and other practice management systems and software
• Must show a commitment to professional development and continual improvement
• Dynamic interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and to manage stress gracefully
• Critical thinking and analytical abilities with strong attention to detail to guide medical decisions
• Ability to perform physical aspects of the role including standing, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Must be flexible regarding work schedule