Customer Service Representative
Washington, DC /
CityPaws Animal Hospital - Uptown – Support Staff /
CityPaws Animal Hospital (Uptown) in Washington, DC is looking for a full-time Customer Service Representative to join our team.
What are we looking for?
Our Customer Service Representatives (CSR) make a difference in the lives of our clients and patients. You play the starring role in every client experience, from checking patients in and out of their appointments, managing phones, and scheduling appointments while at the same time providing excellent customer service. The CSR primary duty is interacting with clients and coordinating communication between doctors and clients.
Individuals should have some experience or understanding of basic technical skills and customer service skills. Experience in the field is ideal, but not required. We are happy to train the right individual, attitude and cultural fit is our #1 priority.
We know there are a lot of animal hospitals out there, so why choose us?
- A place to grow: Our commitment to training and Medical Advancement means you’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge as well as providing a path for advancing your career.
- A team to support you: At each shift, you’ll find colleagues ready to work together — we’ll be here when you need an extra hand, a moment to laugh, or a shoulder to cry on.
- A focus on your work-life balance: We’re committed to offering a benefits package that supports your life and wellbeing and thanks you for the care you give our patients every day.
What will you do?
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times.
- Take initiative to maintain a clean working environment.
- Competently perform the core duties and responsibilities of a CSR and understand how these responsibilities impact the rest of the hospital.
- Mediate client concerns with compassion and empathy.
- Manage financial transactions including invoicing, cash handling, and end of day reporting.
- Must be comfortable discussing payment options and policies with clients.
- Correspond with clients through multiple approaches, such as telephone, email, text, and app as appropriate and applicable.
- Perform other duties as needed and which make a positive impact on the practice and company.
- May perform additional administrative duties, such as accounts receivable, maintaining the patient reminder system, managing the hospital’s social media accounts, and/or other tasks as assigned.
What do you have?
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Proficient computer and software skills required, including: Word, Outlook, and other office management systems and software.
- Experience with PetDesk is a plus!
- Previous customer service experience required, preferably in a veterinary environment.
- Shows a commitment to professional development and continual improvement.
- Possesses strong listening and communication skills.
- Has confidence in decision making and problem solving.
- Capable in conflict resolution and diffusing situations.
Our benefits package:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, along with a company contribution to an HSA account
- Paid parental, family, and medical leave
- Flexible scheduling
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off, including a bank of PTO and floating holiday time
CityPaws Animal Hospital (Uptown) + Encore Vet Group: Your work family
Every day, when we go to work, we strive to do two things: help animals in need and have fun doing it! We invest in our practice teams through professional development, competitive benefits, and a supportive community that allow you to thrive in both your job and personal life. When you become a part of Encore, you not only enjoy the resources we offer; you benefit from the collective knowledge of our partner hospitals who are all committed to improving the veterinary profession — and helping you succeed.
City Paws Animal Hospital is an AAHA certified hospital located in the heart of NW Washington DC. At CityPaws Animal Hospital, caring for your pet is not only our expertise; it's what we love to do. Instead of just treating our patients, we place a high value on developing long-term relationships with members of the community, with two veterinary hospital locations serving U Street Corridor, Logan Circle, 14th Street, Cleveland Park, Glover Park, Mount Pleasant and surrounding areas. Our staff has the compassion to treat every pet like a personal friend and is skilled at handling a variety of situations.
In addition to our passion for animal health care, our staff is also committed to giving back to the communities we serve. We work closely with the Washington Animal Rescue league (WARL) and perform all first post-adoption visits free of charge. We also work closely with CityDogs Rescue and help with the medical care for their rescues and fosters. We are active in the Logan Circle and U Street Corridor areas and we participate in a variety of community events, such as the Dog Days of Summer held every August.