Customer Service Representative- West Chelsea Veterinary
New York, NY
West Chelsea Veterinary – Support Staff /
West Chelsea Veterinary in New York, NY is looking for a full-time Customer Service Representative to join our team.
What are we looking for?
Our Customer Service Representatives (CSR) make a difference in the lives of our clients and patients. You play the starring role in every client experience, from checking patients in and out of their appointments, managing phones, and scheduling appointments while at the same time providing excellent customer service. The CSR primary duty is interacting with clients and coordinating communication between doctors and clients.
Individuals should have some experience or understanding of basic technical skills and customer service skills. Experience in the field is ideal, but not required. We are happy to train the right individual, attitude and cultural fit is our #1 priority.
Compensation: This position offers between $21.40 and $24.61 per hour. Start rate of pay is commensurate with experience and education.
We know there are a lot of animal hospitals out there, so why choose us?
- A place to grow: Our commitment to training and Medical Advancement means you’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge as well as providing a path for advancing your career.
- A team to support you: At each shift, you’ll find colleagues ready to work together — we’ll be here when you need an extra hand, a moment to laugh, or a shoulder to cry on.
- A focus on your work-life balance: We’re committed to offering a benefits package that supports your life and wellbeing and thanks you for the care you give our patients every day.
- Perfect location: West Chelsea is in the heart of Chelsea Manhattan where you are close to art galleries, High Line Park, plenty of shops, and Chelsea Market which offers excellent eateries.
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, along with a company contribution to an HSA account
- Paid parental, family, and medical leave
- Flexible scheduling
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off, including a bank of PTO and floating holiday time
What will you do?
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times.
- Take initiative to maintain a clean working environment.
- Competently perform the core duties and responsibilities of a CSR and understand how these responsibilities impact the rest of the hospital.
- Mediate client concerns with compassion and empathy.
- Manage financial transactions including invoicing, cash handling, and end of day reporting.
- Must be comfortable discussing payment options and policies with clients.
- Correspond with clients through multiple approaches, such as telephone, email, text, and app as appropriate and applicable.
- Perform other duties as needed and which make a positive impact on the practice and company.
- May perform additional administrative duties, such as accounts receivable, maintaining the patient reminder system, managing the hospital’s social media accounts, and/or other tasks as assigned.
What do you have?
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Proficient computer and software skills required, including: Word, Outlook, and other office management systems and software.
- Experience with PetDesk is a plus!
- Previous customer service experience required, preferably in a veterinary environment.
- Shows a commitment to professional development and continual improvement.
- Possesses strong listening and communication skills.
- Has confidence in decision making and problem solving.
- Capable in conflict resolution and diffusing situations.
$21 - $24 an hour
Compensation is depending on experience
West Chelsea Veterinary + Encore Vet Group: Your work family
Every day, when we go to work, we strive to do two things: help animals in need and have fun doing it! We invest in our practice teams through professional development, competitive benefits, and a supportive community that allow you to thrive in both your job and personal life. When you become a part of Encore, you not only enjoy the resources we offer; you benefit from the collective knowledge of our partner hospitals who are all committed to improving the veterinary profession — and helping you succeed.
West Chelsea Veterinary was founded in 1997. We have provided the highest standard of care to pets and the people who love them for more than two decades, proudly delivering veterinary services with courtesy and respect to animals across the New York City tri-state area. We have an exceptional team of veterinarian staff who are dedicated to pet’s health and well-being, and we take great pride in our reputation for practicing cutting-edge veterinary medicine and delivering personalized care including including wellness and prevention, surgery, dentistry, acupuncture, pain management, and much more.