Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging Coordinator
Washington, DC /
Friendship Hospital for Animals – Support Staff /
The coordinator for the department works closely with the entire FDI team to ensure the service runs smoothly and efficiently. You are the point of contact for the service for clients, staff, and referring veterinarians regarding scheduling, follow-up, charging, and facilitating communication with the radiologists. It is essential that the FDI coordinator has the skills and demeanor that allow for confident, personable interactions with clients, staff and referring veterinarians. The role requires excellent communication skills, organizational skills, problem solving abilities, a proactive nature, a current knowledge or willingness to learn about imaging, and an ability to communicate to multiple individuals and disciplines within the hospital.
- Assist with scheduling/managing schedule.
- Monitor voicemail box.
- Communicating internally and externally with clients and rDVMs. Ensuring this communication is prompt.
- Communicate with the FHA staff about availability, schedules protocols, etc.
- Willing to learn or existing knowledge about FDI.
- Willing to learn or perform other tasks as dictated by the needs of the service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills-- both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions as needed.
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment.
- Ability to speak and hear by phone or in person.
- Ability to read, write and type English.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to use and learn computers.
- Ability to master large volumes of detailed information.
Meet our hospital:
Established in 1936, Friendship Hospital for Animals provides high quality, compassionate veterinary care to the dogs and cats of the Washington D.C. metro area. Our vision is to be the most medically progressive small animal hospital in the country while adhering to our core values of teamwork, collaboration and respect. We are AAHA accredited and provide wellness, emergency and specialty care with over 60 veterinarians on staff, including 13 rotating interns and over 20 specialists.
Friendship has specialty departments including emergency/critical care, clinical pathology, radiology, anesthesiology, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology, internal medicine/hemodialysis, rehab therapy, and surgery. We have MRI, CT, a separate dedicated ICU, long-term ventilator capability, and hemodialysis onsite. In addition to providing clients and their pets the highest quality of medicine and service, Friendship Hospital is also a fun and rewarding place to work and grow.
Excellent compensation and generous benefits are offered.
Living in Washington, DC:
Friendship is proud to be a part of the Washington DC community. Our diverse and historic neighborhoods provide enrichment, entertainment, and excitement to new and long-term residents alike. While known for its monuments and museums, the District is also known for its parks and pet-friendly accommodations. Most residents live within a 10-minute walk of a park - including Rock Creek Park, the oldest urban park in the country, popular for hiking and outdoor activities. DC's Kennedy Center and Lincoln Theater offer world-class entertainment and theater. Top universities such as Georgetown, Howard, George Washington, and American (situated around Friendship's campus) attract students and scholars from around the world. Public transportation includes metrorail, metrobus, electric scooters, Capital Bikeshare, and Car2Go. Enjoy DC's varied and eclectic food scene, celebrate a win with the Washington Capitals and Washington Nationals, visit the century-old cherry blossoms or take a weekend trip to nearby Shenandoah Valley, Harper's Ferry, or Annapolis.