Friendship Hospital for Animals – Assistants /
As a Veterinary Assistant, you will provide compassionate patient and client care while assisting primary care veterinarians in the exam room and on the treatment floor. Veterinary Assistants obtain and record medical histories, educate clients on wellness protocols and home care, assist doctors with administrative tasks, and provide medical care to canine and feline patients.
- At least one year of proven past experience helping customers
- Minimum of 1 year veterinary experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A compassionate, attentive and respectful attitude
- A collaborative spirit- a willingness to support the team, be flexible and dependable
- A strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to manage stress and emotions
- An ability to manage time and priorities with minimal direct supervision
- A willingness to work non-traditional hours such as weekends, evenings, and a share of holidays
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists veterinarians and facilitates Primary Care appointments
- Establishes and maintains effective client relationships
- Reviews scheduled appointment information and patient history prior to appointment
- Obtains accurate patient history from clients and records information in digital medical record
- Performs safe and effective restraint appropriate for patient temperament and breed to allow examination and medical procedures
- Performs procedures including nail trims, ear cleanings, medication administration, etc.
- Collects, labels, and delivers diagnostic samples to in-house laboratory
- Accurately records and invoices procedures/diagnostics and dispensed medications
- Explains medical conditions, treatment options, and recommended care
- Assists Primary Care doctors with administrative tasks and client follow-up
- Maintains a clean hospital environment to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and clients
- Is courteous to all staff members and clients
- Other duties as assigned
We're exclusively seeking individuals who embrace a nurturing, cooperative, and ethical environment, where genuine individuals come together to share knowledge, uplift one another and enhance the health and happiness of our patients, clients, team members, and the community. Of course having fun while doing so is a non-negotiable!
Be the first to check us out:
Meet Our Hospital:
Friendship Hospital for Animals is a top-tier AAHA Accredited veterinary hospital providing compassionate patient care including wellness, emergency and specialized care. Our range of specialized departments includes critical care, radiology, anesthesiology, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology, internal medicine/hemodialysis, rehab therapy, and surgery. Our facility is equipped with cutting-edge MRI and CT technology, a dedicated ICU, long-term ventilator capability, and onsite hemodialysis. We are constantly evolving to provide the most advanced, state-of-the art comprehensive care. We believe in sharing our knowledge with the community through continuing education, externships, internships and residency programs.
Located in Washington D.C among historic neighborhoods and in close proximity to great food, entertainment, parks and history.