Emergency Veterinarian - Mentorship and Growth Opportunities Available!
Lynchburg, VA /
Animal Emergency and Critical Care – Veterinary Doctors /
Animal Emergency and Critical Care is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic emergency veterinarian to join our expanding team! Become part of our community and enjoy an amazing schedule, extremely generous compensation and professional development opportunities.
Animal Emergency & Critical Care of Lynchburg is Central Virginia’s only after-hours, nights, weekends and holidays veterinary hospital.
Remarkable Culture: Our veterinarians and support staff give their all every day to help, heal, and save lives. We strive to give pet parents confidence knowing that their animal companions are receiving exceptional, around-the-clock treatment when their regular vet’s office is closed.
Work-Life Balance– We offer a schedule that promotes wellness & work-life balance. Nestled on the eastern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lynchburg is known as the city of seven hills and boasts outstanding cultural, educational, and recreation opportunities. Whether it’s hiking, boating, shopping or relaxing, Lynchburg offers a friendly picturesque home and a stable friendly community.
Career Advancement - We offer individualized mentorship! Ready to jump into Emergency Medicine or increase your skill-set? Come grow with us!
Work-life Rewards - We offer a competitive wage and bonuses, generous paid-time-off, medical, dental, vision, employer funded HSA, paid family leave, 401k + company match, continuing education allowance, pet care benefits, and so much more!
We recognize the importance of technology in providing quality care for our patients, and offer the latest diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities including:
On-site laboratory, digital X-ray, ventilator, endoscopy, cardiovascular ultrasound, and electrosurgical equipment.
We are looking for:
- DVM degree or equivalent
- Willingness to perform routine emergency procedures and surgeries
- Diverse academic knowledge of veterinary medicine
- Ability to translate medical knowledge and to train support staff
- Proficient computer and software skills including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and other practice management systems and software
- Must show a commitment to professional development and continual improvement
- Dynamic interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and to manage stress gracefully
- Critical thinking and analytical abilities with strong attention to detail to guide medical decisions
- Ability to perform physical aspects of the role including standing, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Check us out!
Our website: http://aecclynchburg.com/
We proudly partner with Encore Vet Group, see what that means for you: https://encorevet.com/
Ready to join our team? Don't wait and apply today!