Veterinary Internist - VERG Brooklyn
Brooklyn, NY /
Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group – Veterinary Doctors /
Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group is seeking full or part time boarded or residency trained Veterinary Internist to join our growing and busy Internal Medicine team.
VERG, is a well-established emergency and specialty hospital in Brooklyn, NY. Specialty services include Internal Medicine, Surgery (general, orthopedic, and neurosurgery), Emergency and Critical Care, Oncology, Neurology, and Dermatology. Referrals from over 400 local practices throughout the tri-state area as well as a vibrant emergency service ensure a varied and robust caseload.
VERG is a state of the art, 12,500 square foot hospital in the desirable Gowanus/Park Slope neighborhood. Highlights of the new hospital include:
- Siemens Magnetom Symphony 1.5T MRI
- Toshiba Aquilon 64 slice CT scanner
- Dedicated abdominal and cardiac ultrasound units
- Full range of endoscopic equipment
- GE OEC 9800 C-Arm
- Treatment area and special procedures room designated for Internal Medicine
- Individual soft tissue, orthopedic/neurologic, and ophthalmologic surgery suites
- Large ICU equipped with ventilator, multiple Snyder oxygen units, and telemetry
- Dedicated individual canine, feline, and isolation wards
- Fenced in rooftop dog walking area with K9 grass
Brooklyn has more than enough to keep anyone entertained, and the collection of museums, parks, and historical landmarks make Brooklyn a popular destination for tourists. The hospital is minutes away from Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, the Brooklyn Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge Park, the Barclays Center, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and the cultural hub of Manhattan.
VERG prides itself on being a fun yet intellectually stimulating place to work. Our staff looks forward to coming to work each day and we are seeking motivated and enthusiastic candidates who share those attributes with us.
Base Salary is $200,000/yr. Wages are negotiable and based on skills and experience.