Friendship Hospital for Animals – Practice Managers /
Friendship Hospital for Animals, established in 1936, is a medically progressive hybrid general practice, multi-disciplinary specialty and emergency center located in Washington, DC, with 70+ veterinarians including rotating interns, and over 250 team members. Friendship is growing annually and expects to continue to add to veterinary offerings over the next 5 years.
The Hospital Director for Friendship Hospital for Animals (FHA) leads operations for the hospital and is the liaison between FHA and the broader network of hospitals. The Hospital Director will directly manage the Practice Managers, Specialty Supervisors and Operational Leaders as well as the Medical Directors of FHA. This position will work closely with our Director of Specialty Operations to ensure they are aware of organizational-level priorities. The role has responsibility for top and bottom-line fiscal performance of the hospital, as well as hospital-specific objectives that increase quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of Operational Leadership in Veterinary medicine in roles of increasing scope, complexity, and authority – required.
- Specialty and/or Emergency Veterinary experience - required
- Demonstrated ability to grow teams, be change agile, and scale for growth
- Demonstrated track record of performance.
Critical Qualities and Behavioral Competencies
- Exhibit Practice Values Through Established Values-Based Behaviors
- Bring Your Best Self Every Day
- Pride and Accuracy in Execution
- Critical & Strategic Thinking Skills
- Willingness to Learn
- Eagerness to Teach
- Confidence in Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Strength in Listening & Communication Skills
- Strength in Project and Change Management
- Strength in Medical Knowledge and Skills
- Professional Growth and Planning Mindset
Working Conditions and Physical Efforts
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Occasionally exposed to airborne particles and illness from patients and chemicals related to animal care and office equipment.
- Environment where pets are present.
- Must be able to handle stress with a professional demeanor
- Must be able to provide flexible work schedule
Compensation and Benefits
- The opportunity to grow with a forward-thinking, industry leading veterinary company
- The opportunity to learn from industry leaders and specialists
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision program with access to Health and Wellness Program
- Company paid Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Voluntary supplemental benefit offerings
- Generous company paid time off and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company sponsored 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Identify talent, develop and coach direct reports to create engagement and ensure development of future operational leaders within the hospital
- Regular cross-functional communication that creates collaboration and avoids working in silos
- Inspire and lead hospital operations by representing values, vision and mission of Friendship Hospital for Animals
- Successfully direct, plan, implement and execute key organizational initiatives
- Foster a collaborative and trusting relationship within the hospital
- Develop plans and direct and manage Capital Expenditures that maximize patient care and ROI
- Responsible for profit and loss management ensuring the optimal performance of facility operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Other duties assigned that make a positive impact on the organization