Operations Lead - Specialty
Saratoga Springs, NY
Encore Vet Group – Specialty Operations /
Great opportunity to join an elite partnership between the most advanced veterinary care facilities on the East Coast. Be involved in growing team of elite veterinary specialists across nearly all disciplines of specialty medicine.
The Operations Lead will work remotely and provides strategic support to the Network’s Director of Operations. This position contributes to the success of the practice by coaching and coordinating operational activities. Under broad direction, the role involves a variety of financial, budget, facilities management, and advisory tasks to assist the hospitals in meeting the objectives of the Network. The position will also manage relationships with external service providers, internal and external clients, and stakeholders.
- Embodies the practices and EVG’s core values and serve as a role model for the team.
- Support several hospitals at a time.
- Build collaborative relationships with hospital management and key stakeholders.
- Maintain regular interactions with all the teams and maintain your knowledge, skills, and best practices in the veterinary industry.
- Responsible for supporting, consulting and mentoring hospitals by regularly communicating with Practice Mangers.
- Develop comprehensive action plans for continuous financial growth and performance.
- Develop budgeted revenue and EBITDA targets with focus on key KPIs, including staffing, productivity, COGS management.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics in all actions and behaviors.
- Develop and contribute to annual planning, budgeting, and hospital productivity levels for the hospitals in partnership with Director of Operations, Human Resources, and hospital leadership.
- Build organizational capability and responsiveness by identifying and addressing potential opportunities, risks, and emerging issues and leading business improvement activities.
- Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders on complex issues.
- Monitor and report on hospital performance using a variety of spreadsheet and database tools.
- Use project management principles to design and implement efficient workflow and related practices, with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrate high level written communication skills, including the ability to consider inputs from a range of sources to prepare important documents.
- Demonstrate ability in managing and establishing priorities and outcomes across teams, through the effective use of project management, monitoring, liaison, and reporting skills.
- Superior people and negotiation skills and the ability to work collegially with a broad range of stakeholders from the industry and the wider community.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate, manage, and provide advice on potentially sensitive issues with diplomacy.
- Demonstrate ability to monitor and review systems and processes to provide proactive advice responsive to changing environments.
- Experience in managing a large and complex workload with a high level of autonomy.
- Qualifications and work experience in a relevant industry.
- Performs other duties as needed.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE - to be considered for this role you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing multi-site operations.
- Proficiency in data analysis and business management.
- Experience in the veterinary or healthcare industry preferred.
- Ability to form positive relationships.
- Demonstrates strength in project and change management.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- To show a commitment to professional development and continual improvement.
- Frequent work at a computer for 90-100% of the time.
- Remote position with 50%+ travel required.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch as well as manipulate (life, carry and move) up to 15 pounds.
$120,000 - $140,000 a year
compensation negotiable and based on skills and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401-K, generous paid time off and so much more.
We are a network of pathfinders paving the way for a new era of veterinary specialty medicine!
With over 140 years of excellence between them, the EVG Specialty Network is comprised of Friendship Hospital for Animals in Washington DC, Veterinary Emergency & Referral Group in Brooklyn NY, Veterinary Care and Specialty Group in Chattanooga TN, and Quartet Veterinary Specialty Hospital in Cary NC.
Our shared Vision is that this Network will create a new era for Veterinary Medicine that embraces collaboration and diversity of care throughout the country and, eventually, the world. Our dedication to both patient and community will highlight how we nurture a diverse, knowledgeable team focused on patient care above all.
Ready to be part of the Network? Apply TODAY!