San Francisco /
G&A – Finance /
We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion — across the country. And we’re just getting going.
We’re relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling and business expertise to explore the limits of what’s possible.
What You'll Do
- Process vendor invoices (receive, post, set up payment via cheque/wire/ACH)
- Respond to customer and vendor queries, and reconcile their statements
- Process expense reports (review/question, post, set up payment)
- Invoice customers for shipped orders
- Monitor outstanding receivables and follow-up with customers on overdue amounts
- Assist with cash forecasting and other reporting
- Assist with parts of the month/year-end process
- Prepare monthly tax functions (federal excise and state-level reporting)
- Perform administrative tasks including filing, organizing, ordering supplies, etc.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks – as requested
- You’re personable, enthusiastic, outgoing – you don’t fit the mold of the “stereotypical accountant”.
- You can integrate and work well with a variety of personalities and you don’t mind a casual office environment.
- You’re confident with great speaking skills, and you can communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance peers.
- You’re detail-oriented, process-oriented, and responsible – not only do you learn quickly, but you can work effectively without close supervision.
- You’re flexible and you can adapt quickly to new tasks, situations, and people.
- You want to learn new things, and you’re always trying to improve what you do – you proactively find and suggest ways to improve our processes and the way we work with others.
- You understand the importance of your role – you deliver on deadlines, and you’re available for occasional overtime (sometimes it’s needed).
- You have above-average computer skills and have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. You might even have experience with an accounting system like Quickbooks or NetSuite – that would be a big asset, but it’s not expected or required.
- You’ve achieved your CPA designation or you’re planning to work toward it.
Why Endless West?
We’ve got the standard benefits…
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Commuter benefits
- Ambassador’s Program ($250/quarter to purchase Endless West products)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
…but in a town full of companies that sell prospective hires on happy hours and ping pong tables, here’s what we are uniquely able to offer:
- A small, flat organization. We don’t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy’s sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don’t have any issues with being wrong. People’s opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Please click "Apply" below.