Production Shift Lead
Detroit, Michigan, USA /
Operations – Production /
We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion — across the country. And we’re just getting going.
We’re relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling and business expertise to explore the limits of what’s possible.
Everyone is welcome at Endless West. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable, and a passion for our mission goes a long way.
About the Role
The Production Shift Lead will perform the necessary duties involved in oversight and participation in the day-to-day operations of an alcohol beverage manufacturing facility.
We operate multiple filler lines for flat and carbonated beverages in various container sizes and types (glass, plastic, and cans). We do it all, so it's an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and cross-train.
You have experience working in a food & beverage production environment. You bring a positive attitude and can work as part of a team. You take direction well, know how to delegate appropriately, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You also have the desire to learn and grow into future roles within the Operations team.
- Lead team members in production and operations activities
- Batch and prep for production runs
- Participate in bottling and canning production runs
- Manage inventory of production consumables
- Ship and receive materials/product on and off trucks
- Make daily submissions to ERP system
- Ensure pallets are properly tagged
- Open and close production facility
- Maintain overall cleanliness and sanitation of the production facility
- Follow good manufacturing procedures and maintain a safe working environment
- This can be a physically demanding position at times. You must be able to be on your feet for eight hours or more per day performing what sometimes can be repetitive and strenuous tasks.
- Must be able to kneel, crawl, climb ladders, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Although work is performed indoors, conditions frequently become damp/wet due to the nature of production.
- Work can become loud during bottling. Proper protective equipment is required such as ear protection and safety glasses.
Why Endless West?
We’ve got the benefits…
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Company contributions to Commuter Benefits, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and HSA
- Ambassador’s Program ($250/quarter to purchase Endless West products)
- Vacation & Sick Pay
We’ve got the unique culture that you’ve been looking for...
- A small, collaborative team. We don’t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy’s sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don’t have any issues with being wrong. People’s opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.