Supply Chain Logistics Specialist
San Francisco /
Production – Production /
We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion — across the country. And we’re just getting going.
We’re relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling and business expertise to explore the limits of what’s possible.
We’re looking for a systems thinker who can keep up with rapidly expanding business and manufacturing needs. You will be responsible for seamlessly bringing raw materials in and sending finished goods out, working with a host of vendors, transportation companies, and customers. This role will provide vital information to internal and external parties including but not limited to working with sales to ensure customer success in tracking on-time deliveries, processing POs and working with accounting to process invoices, and coordinating with the production team to ensure all raw materials are present in advance of the manufacturing date.
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience in a supply chain environment including work with a small, lean operations team helping implement new systems and processes that may not already exist. To excel at his role you need to be a self-starter who can work with ambiguity, manage up, and be able to break down doors with vendors and shippers to ensure on-time inbound and outbound deliveries. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you have a knack for getting unreasonably good deals in negotiations.
- Issue purchase orders quickly and without error
- Manage the implementation of new suppliers, ensuring all requirements have been metHelp source materials and maintain relationships with suppliers both domestically and internationally
- Create and maintain a companywide purchasing program
- Resolve invoice issues and ensure that vendors are paid on time
- Be cost-savings focused and an effective negotiator
- Lead miscellaneous procurement projects both domestically and internationally
- Negotiate supply terms
- At least 3 years of experience in a procurement and planning organization buying direct and indirect goods for manufacturing, ideally including multinational PO processing (taxes, tariffs, customs, logistics, etc.)
- Keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate
- Excellent customer service skills including an engaging personality and optimistic outlook
- Detail-oriented, good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Ability to negotiate and interact with suppliers on pricing, lead times and demand planning
- Strong time-management and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or supply chain preferred
- Previous work experience in purchasing.
- Experience with supply chain is a plus
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needsExperience developing internal systems
- A background working in startups, technology or manufacturing industry is preferred
- Proficiency with G Suite of tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Experience with one or more ERP systems.
- Food and Beverage experience is a strong plus
Why Endless West?
We’ve got the standard benefits…
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Commuter benefits
- Ambassador’s Program ($250/quarter to purchase Endless West products)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
…but in a town full of companies that sell prospective hires on happy hours and ping pong tables, here’s what we are uniquely able to offer:
- A small, flat organization. We don’t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy’s sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don’t have any issues with being wrong. People’s opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Please click "Apply" below.