Detroit, Michigan, USA /
Operations – Production /
We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion — across the country. And we’re just getting going.
We’re relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling and business expertise to explore the limits of what’s possible.
Everyone is welcome at Endless West. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable, and a passion for our mission goes a long way.
The Process Engineer will lead process development for new programs, ensure continuous improvements for current production, research new technologies and their implementation, and oversee documentation/training for new team members and processes.
- Work closely with maintenance, technical, and production teams to improve safety and minimize downtime.
- •Analyze operating procedures and equipment/machinery functions to reduce processing time and cost.
- Support new product introductions and/or implementation of design changes to existing products.
- Investigate and research continuous improvement and development projects. Drive completion of projects upon approval.
- Work cross-functionally to design, update, and maintain plant and process drawings.
- Facilitate external engineering work as appropriate for support on specialized work -- lead the bidding process with contractors and oversee implementation/integration by contractors.
- Keep management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during engineering activities, and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Support and participate in department improvement initiatives by sharing of knowledge, ideas, and/or best practices with co-workers.
- Actively participate and comply with all department policies, procedures, and work instructions as they relate to your job.
- Provide training materials and conduct training for new processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Experience creating Manufacturing Process Prints, Standard Work Instructions, and Job Element Sheets.
- Experience using CAD/CAE tools (SolidWorks preferred), GD&T, Minitab (or other statistical analysis software), and project management tools.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers, management, and plant personnel effectively (written and verbal). Able to write routine reports and correspondence, as well as speak effectively before groups of customers or collaborators.
- Proactive in suggesting improvements to existing processes, policies, and systems.
- Self-starter who is positive and professional. Ability to set priorities and multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Willing to further education and improve skillset as required.
- Skillful in analysis of problems, researching to identify root causes and find solutions, creativity to find robust and effective solutions to problems. Decisive based on available information.
- Critical Thinking – able to cope effectively with change and ambiguity; perfect doesn’t get in the way of better; curious and able to learn on the fly.
Why Endless West?
We’ve got the benefits…
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Company contributions to Commuter Benefits, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and HSA
- Ambassador’s Program ($250/quarter to purchase Endless West products)
- Vacation & Sick Pay
We’ve got the unique culture that you’ve been looking for...
- A small, collaborative team. We don’t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy’s sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don’t have any issues with being wrong. People’s opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.