National Sales Director
Remote, USA /
Commercial – Sales /
We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and grad school dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Glyph, our first commercial product, is modeled after barrel-aged whiskey but made overnight using our innovative technology.
Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion, traditional distillers and distributors — around the world. We now have dozens of new molecular products in the pipeline across multiple categories. And we’re just getting started.
We’re relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling, and business and legal expertise to explore the limits of what’s possible, all in pursuit of turning scarcity into abundance.
Everyone is welcome at Endless West. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups to apply.
About the Role
Note: We are based in San Francisco, CA but open to this position being remote.
Endless West is seeking a National Sales Director to join our dynamic team. This individual will be tasked with growing B2B revenue through retail chains, distributors, brand owners and affiliated partnership deals. The NSD is responsible for building effective relationships with relevant customers to position Endless West as a preferred partner primarily for our packaged business. The NSD’s core responsibility will be to identify and secure new business opportunities across the U.S.. Primary focus will be on achieving our AOP through private label brand development and leveraging our turnkey brand portfolio with clients. Looking for someone with an existing network of contacts with spirit buyers in retail chains and distributors.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Sales and working in concert with all members of the Commercial Team, the NSD will play a central role in transforming our business by helping us to unlock the full capabilities of our seven years of applied technology as we deliver on our mission to boldly create what no one has created before. The NSD will also have the National Sales Manager as a direct report.
Success in this role will be immediately driven by his/her/their established network of distributor contacts and chain buyers to grab early wins. Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are a must!!
- Responsible for meeting new business growth targets by selling our capabilities and developing products for national/regional chain customers and by steering our chain expansion efforts.
- Requires the ability to establish and leverage existing relationships with distributor leadership and distributor chain teams
- Responsible for selling our turn key brands to a pipeline of clients gathered by the NSD
- Develops a robust pipeline of new business opportunities for emerging categories tailored for chain /banner needs on the private label side
- Understand and navigate both short- and long-term customer needs; including material requirements, regulatory application needs, new product introduction requirements, annual reset timelines and new business opportunities.
- Requires joint planning across multiple disciplines and key stakeholders-including R&D, Marketing, Legal, Manufacturing and Commercial Leadership.
- Create and conduct presentations that emphasize how our services and formulations can be tailored to potential chain needs
- Develop presentation materials and gain technology expertise through immersion of our unique process
- Proposes solutions based on client’s needs and our R&D and manufacturing capabilities.
- Collaborates with internal teams to support the specification and design process for new brands and skus
- Evaluates, assesses, and reports market and industry trends, competitor intelligence, and technology gaps to address customer/chain needs
- Advises executive leadership on status or actions required for existing and potential business development opportunities.
- Develops and administers launch schedules, opportunity pipeline, account plans and is responsible for budgets.
Experience & Qualifications
- Five plus years of experience selling spirits and/or calling on chains
- Extensive knowledge of the CPG industry-Beverage Alcohol preferred
- Managing an expansive territory and account base including chain call points and distributor network
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Advanced skills in word, powerpoint and excel – a strong ability to write, present and articulate ideas clearly
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to self-motivate and work independently
- Able to travel > 50%
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential customers
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
Compensation Range: $125-145k annual base.
Why Endless West?
We’ve got the standard benefits…
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Commuter benefits/401K/FSA/DCFSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Ambassador’s Program ($250/quarter to purchase Endless West products)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
We’ve got the unique culture that you’ve been looking for...
- A small, collaborative team. We don’t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy’s sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don’t have any issues with being wrong. People’s opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.