Toronto, Ontario /
Accounting & Finance /
Endy is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Junior Accountant who will be a key member of Endy’s accounting and finance team. The Junior Accountant will report to the Controller and will be responsible for carrying out day-to-day operations, including month-end processes, performing reconciliations, full cycle accounting, and more. In this position, you will play an integral role in ensuring that all accounting and finance operations run smoothly.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who is highly organized, takes the initiative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. Ultimately, you love accounting as much as you love to sleep!
What You'll Do:
- Execute monthly closing, including journal entries, prepaid, account reconciliations, and analysis of financial statements
- Record daily sales transactions and sales adjustments
- Monitor and review bank and credit card reconciliations
- Manage bill approvals and communicate with other departments regarding expenses
- Manage vendors, track expenses, and process credit card payments
- Execute refunds to customers
- Evaluate current controls and ensure adherence to existing internal control processes, accounting policies, and procedures
- Prepare analysis and reporting for monthly financial result meetings
- Assist with the preparation of year-end audits
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and reporting as required
Who You Are:
- University Degree in accounting or related field.
- 1-2 years experience in a finance department role, with full cycle accounting knowledge in IFRS or public accounting experience, is a strong asset
- Currently working towards CPA qualification (successful completion of the CFE is a bonus!)
- Advanced in MS Excel and a good understanding of MS Office Suite
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize workflows
- Excellent communication skills and with a strong desire to work collaboratively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to embrace ambiguity
- Self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership in their work
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Endy; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Endy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring a fair and equitable recruitment and selection process, and cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. Accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act are available upon request at all stages of the employment process.
Follow us on Instagram @LifeAtEndy to stay up to date on Endy career opportunities!