Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Toronto, Ontario /
Endy is looking for a Manager, Strategic Sourcing to support the Operations and Product team in a variety of exciting ways. Within the Operations department and reporting into the VP, Operations, the Manager, Strategic Sourcing will be in charge of implementing sourcing strategies and collaborating with internal and external business partners to reduce risks and costs for Endy.
As the Manager, Strategic Sourcing, you will work closely with our vendors, and the Operations and Product team to ensure Endy has a “best-in-class” procurement department. Our ideal candidate is someone who possesses a high degree of ownership and enjoys building things from scratch. You are comfortable with change and ambiguity, embrace the opportunity to wear many hats, and relish the chance to solve hard problems in short order. You will play an integral role in ensuring our partners and customers receive the best possible experience.
What you'll do
- Develop a solid understanding of Operations at Endy to support the team’s work through relationship management with vendors
- With the input of the Product team, support product development through sourcing, assessing, and onboarding new vendors, negotiating pricing and conditions, coordinating samples, and managing potential iterations until the product is final
- Develop and implement creative sourcing and long-term costing strategies to secure Endy’s long-term supply and promote efficiency, effectiveness, and cost-savings
- Understand supplier downtime/delay/potential price variation to proactively mitigate situations, communicate clearly with the Operations team, and implement any necessary corrective plans
- Review, create, and administer contracts as needed
- Develop, enhance, and implement new and revised policies, procedures, and programs as required while communicating with the team
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in Sourcing and Procurement (Experience in sourcing home goods/furniture is a plus!)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or relevant field of study
- Experience managing and negotiating with vendors
- Proven experience in successful price negotiations
- Advanced mathematical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Problem-solving mindset with a strong willingness to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and ‘get things done’
- Curious, high-energy, and flexible with a passion for thinking outside the box in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to forge cross-functional relationships and influence without authority in a cross-functional and multidisciplinary environment
- Strategic and tactical mindset, with the ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Bilingualism (EN/FR) considered an asset
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Endy; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Endy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring a fair and equitable recruitment and selection process, and cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. Accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act are available upon request at all stages of the employment process.
Follow us on Instagram @LifeAtEndy to stay up to date on Endy career opportunities!