Quantitative Finance Fellowship
Greater Boston Area
Energetic Insurance is developing novel risk management solutions to unlock exponential growth in renewable and distributed energy. We are backed by one of the largest insurance companies in the world and recently announced our flagship product to enable financing of commercial solar projects. We are venture backed and have received grant funding from the US Department of Energy, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and support from multiple incubator programs.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in quantitative finance interested in structured finance, project finance, or a related financial field. In this role, you will help us to evaluate and execute on the several structured and project finance products we are developing. You will work closely with the Energetic Insurance team, and our advisors to help with financial modeling and in the development and design of a new innovative structure financial product.
- Assist with the development of our structured finance and project finance products
- Create financial models to assess market risks
- Assist with the development of underwriting guidelines
- Perform related research tasks as needed
- Assist in the preparation of external presentation materials for financial companies and investors
An ideal candidate will have:
- Experience at a large financial institution working on structured finance products, ideally in the development of new products
- Strong financial modeling background
- Passion for innovation in finance
- Interest in renewable energy and solar in particular
- The ability to estimate time requirements and pre-requisites for a given task
- The ability to work independently and resolve minor issues without direct input from a supervisor
- Current or graduated MBA student or other relevant academic background
- At least 2 years working experience at a financial institution
This is a paid fellowship for the Summer of 2020. Energetic Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.