Principal Product & Sustaining Engineer
San Leandro, CA or Katy, Tx /
ENGINEERING – ENGINEERING /
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
Energy Recovery is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening for the position of Principal Product & Sustaining Engineer, located in San Leandro, CA or Katy, TX and reporting to the Engineering Manager of Product and Sustaining Engineering. The selected candidate shall provide engineering guidance and support with regard to maintenance and continuous improvement of ERI products through their entire lifecycle. As well as mentor and guide, the less experienced engineers as they mature and grow in the company.
Successful candidate for this role must demonstrate to have effectively led and converted prototype designs of rotating equipment into field ready pilots and ensured their maintenance. Ideally, the candidate possesses experience in integrating such pilot equipment into existing systems. The Product and Sustaining Engineering department is a dynamic group of engineers and technicians with a wide range of backgrounds. We are looking for a talented and energetic candidate who can thrive in a team environment.
The team supports all Business Units and R&D as they bring new products to the market, provide service to customers, and support sales activities. They ensure products are properly stewarded through the full product lifecycle.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design improvements, enhance performance, extend operability and/or reduce cost of existing products. Work with ERI business units in supporting and expanding current product lines.
- Collection and stewardship of all service use and maintenance data. Analysis of safety hazards, reliability and maintainability trends, and operational usage profiles changes. Development of required design changes to resolve operational issues.
- Establish and maintain a Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) to collect, record, and analyze failures of system data sets. Root cause analysis of in-service problems (including operational hazards, deficiency reports, parts obsolescence, corrosion effects, and reliability degradation)
- Lead/ support product-engineering activities for NPI (New Product initiatives) – production drawings/ BOM, performance curves, beta testing, certifications, manufacturing release etc.
- Perform validation testing of prototypes in the lab and obtain high quality data.
- Support engineering ticketing system with prompt and accurate responses to tickets.
- Mentor junior engineers
- Other activities necessary to ensure cost-effective support to achieve readiness and performance requirements over a system's life cycle.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of Masters’ degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in commercial CAD packages such as SolidWorks required.
- Familiarity with use of a commercial FEA tool such as ANSYS for structural analysis.
- Experience with Value Engineering.
- Familiarity with engineering standards such as ASME/API/ANSI/NFPA etc.
- Experience with design, analysis and testing of rotor-dynamic & reciprocating fluid machines a plus.
- Good Grasp of manufacturability of rotating equipment.
- Proven track record of documentation.
- Experience with Reliability Engineering a plus.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple tasks, and be goal oriented.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Up to 15% of domestic and international travel.
The below range is the range that we reasonably believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future. The salary range for this role is $130,000 to $155,000.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.