San Leandro, CA /
WATER – PRODUCTION (California) /
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
ERI is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening for the position of Warehouse manager located in San Leandro, CA and also Tracy, CA. This position will be responsible for all warehouse activities and to manage the day to day operations of ERI’s outbound shipments. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail oriented, and able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time. Manage and oversee the receiving, handling, storing, picking, and packing activities within the warehouse, ensuring quality standards are met at every turn.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise receiving, warehousing and shipping operations for San Leandro and Tracy, CA.
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Supervise daily operations of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service.
- Oversee and manage logistics utilized to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and air partners to ensure efficient delivery of packages.
- Maintaining documentation, inventory accuracy and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Manage warehouse/ shipping associates, monitoring work and ensuring the safe use of warehouse equipment, by establishing standards and procedures that comply with legal regulations.
- Ensure daily cycle counts are completed.
- Work with schedulers to pull work orders needed for manufacturing department and shipping.
- Set warehouse and team goals in collaboration with executive management and other team leads.
- Effectively interact and collaborate with other departments to attain results
- Ensure each shipment is executed in compliance with all applicable US Customs laws and regulations, such as BIS, Export control, DOD, TSA, IATA, and DOT.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years warehouse management experience
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Available to work extended hours
- Knowledge of international shipping processes (air, ocean FCL, ocean LCL, LC shipments)
- Knowledge of incoterms(preferred)
- Knowledge of domestic shipping processes
- Forklift license (preferred)
- Experience in moderate to high volume production environment
- Ability to review and understand production Bill of Materials and production orders
- Must be a team player, professional, driven to first time accuracy and able to work under pressure without creating workplace disruptions
- Highly motivated, organized, with a positive “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Remains calm in stressful situations and is highly accountable.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Knowledge of FedEx shipping system (preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX Dynamics (preferred)
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.