San Leandro, CA
Quality and Safety – QUALITY AND SAFETY /
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
ERII is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time position as Quality Manager,located in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Engineering & Sustainability and will be responsible for ensuring that the company's products and services meet or exceed customer expectations and industry standards. The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Quality Assurance and Control, including planning, implementation and monitoring of quality systems and processes. A successful candidate will be high energy, high integrity, and detail-focused with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a quality management system that meets customer expectations and industry standards.
- Establish quality control procedures and protocols for all stages of production, from raw materials to finished products.
- Conduct regular audits of quality systems and processes to identify areas for improvement, both internally and with suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and vendors, ensuring that their products and services meet quality standards.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Production and Operations teams to ensure that quality standards are met at every stage of the production process.
- Train and supervise Quality Control personnel, ensuring that they are knowledgeable and skilled in Quality Assurance and Control Processes.
- Identify and track quality metrics, such as defect rates, customer complaints, and warranty claims, to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans to address quality issues and prevent future occurrences.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality standards and regulations, such as ISO 9001, UL, NSF and others as required.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as R&D, Engineering, and Sales, to ensure that quality is built into all products.
- Develop and monitor Quality Dept annual budget aligned with Company short/long term vision.
- Travel domestically and/or internationally to support business needs (occasionally)
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, quality assurance, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality management, with a proven track record of successfully implementing quality systems and processes.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in quality management systems, such as ISO9001, and in quality assurance/control, with strong knowledge of statistical process control, root cause analysis and failure mode and effect analysis.
- Operating experience in a manufacturing environment with high quality standards, such as medical, aerospace, automotive is preferred.
- Versed in process improvement and waste reduction with hands-on experience in Lean Manufacturing including Kaizen, Kanban, Value Stream mapping, 5S, and 6 Sigma methodologies.
- Experience introducing new products and new processes into production.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and train quality control personnel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify issues and develop effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
$140,000 - $160,000 a year
The below range is the range that we reasonably believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future. The salary range for this role is $140,000 to $160,000.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.