San Leandro, CA
ENGINEERING – PRODUCT & SUSTAINING ENGINEERING /
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
Energy Recovery is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening for the position of Mechanical Test Technician with refrigeration experience, with the Engineering team in their San Leandro, CA facility. This position is responsible for building and testing R&D prototype equipment, fluid flow machinery, and refrigeration systems in collaboration with product development engineers. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment, tools, facilities, and ensuring an adequate inventory of testing supplies is maintained. A suitable candidate will have prior work experience as a refrigeration system technician and a demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks in a team environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble prototype test machinery/equipment, refrigeration systems, and conduct performance tests.
- Compile test data and put together simple pre/post-test inspection reports.
- Organize and schedule multiple tests in collaboration with engineers.
- Maintain test equipment, tools, instrumentation as needed/per schedule.
- Ensure proper inventory is maintained of consumables and commonly used test components.
- Assist in miscellaneous engineering/test projects as necessary.
- Travel to other company sites or customer facilities to help with testing/demos etc.
- Drive a culture of “safety-first” within the laboratory facilities
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience working as a refrigeration system technician. Operating, troubleshooting, assembly, brazing connections etc.
- Possession of relevant refrigeration tech certifications or licenses is preferred
- 2-year associate degree preferred (preferably in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering).
- Knowledge and experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, product specifications and other technical documents.
- Ability to understand and conduct tests using standard scientific methods and prepare detailed summaries of results.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to machine simple parts on a lathe or mill is a plus.
- Familiarity with pumps, turbo machinery and high-pressure equipment is a plus.
- Prior experience with testing, instrumentation, data acquisition etc., is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, managing multiple tasks to achieve significant goals.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Position requires occasional travel (5%).
$30 - $39 an hour
The below range is the range that we reasonably believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future. The salary range for this role is $30 to $39 an hour.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.