Account Manager, CO2
Refrigeration – Refrigeration /
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
Energy Recovery, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening for the position of Account Manager, CO2. This position is within the CO2 Business unit and reports directly to the Director, CO2. The Account Manager provides excellence in the evaluation of new business opportunities for Energy Recovery’s CO2 business and works cross-functionally with multiple departments to uncover and develop new markets and applications for Energy Recovery’s core technologies. We are looking for a high caliber candidate who enjoys working hard on important projects, in highly collaborative teams, and who has a proven record of achieving results. In particular we are searching for a candidate with experience in the CO2 market – heat pumps, refrigeration, etc. with an established network and the skills and abilities to attract, generate and sustain sales of a new product in these markets.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and nurture OEM and end-user accounts to generate long-term partnership and volume sales
- Become a subject matter expert in the market of CO2 refrigeration and heat pump markets
- Develop markets, customers, identify value proposition and pain points for industry
- Identify new opportunities and engage with management to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities
- Engage with and educate leading experts of the industry about the value proposition of the Energy Recovery device
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Analyze business strategies and develop improvement plans for same to provide appropriate growth to business
- Evaluate market trends and provide appropriate support to product development
- Partner with sales teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Promote ERI new products in assigned regions
- Gather customers’ feedback about ERI new solutions and report out
- Work with end users to specify ERI products
- Work with engineering companies to specify ERI products
- Work with the team for determining Product Pricing and positioning of ERI solutions
- Work with the team to identify, organize, and execute relevant conferences, seminars and events.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- 10-15 years of experience of business development in refrigeration market is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering is preferred
- Strong customer centric mindset – understanding customer’s requirements and ability to think like a customer is required
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Fluency in either Spanish, Italian or French is recommended
- Availability to travel between 30-50% of the time both domestic and international
- Ability to develop business plans and other commercial documents
- Ability to effectively utilize resources to solve issues and create solutions to customer and partner needs and problems
- Ability to project a strong leadership image and foster a cooperative working relationship with other departments and colleagues
- Skilled at customer relationship management, business planning, teamwork and execution. Superior oral & written communications and interpersonal/relationship skills
- Ability to conduct well-organized training sessions and convey technical information clearly at all levels
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.