CNC Technician Apprenticeship
San Leandro, CA
WATER – PRODUCTION (California) /
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
Energy Recovery will be investing in the Apprentice’s training. This position will be a two-year training program in partnership with CTMAA.
Energy Recovery is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening for the position of CNC Technician, with the production team in the San Leandro, CA facility. This position is responsible for precision machining operations on various materials using CNC equipment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for quality parts produced on CNC machines such as but not limited to lathes & milling machines.
- Responsible for loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, debarring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirement.
- Studies & interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Detect equipment malfunction or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, control or control media as required to ensure quality of production.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Communicates with the team for assignments and resolve machining or quality issue.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Must comply with company safety policies.
- All other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Preferably 1-2 year(s) of working experience in the related field or previously worked in a production environment or attended a trade school.
- Knowledge of reading drawings and specifications, geometric and dimension.
- Knowledge in application of measuring instruments and tools.
- Must be a team player, professional, driven to first time accuracy and able to work under pressure without creating workplace disruptions.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated and possess strong verbal communication skills.
$23 - $23 an hour
The below range is the range that we reasonably believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future. The salary range for this role is $23.00 with scheduled increases in accordance with the apprenticeship program.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.