San Mateo /
What we're Building
We’re on a mission to make marketing more meaningful by building the next-generation B2B marketing platform.
Our ABM automation platform helps B2B organizations operationalize Account Based Marketing (ABM). With our product suite, revenue teams can get insight into which accounts are engaging, know where to focus time and resources, automate multi-channel campaigns, and measure the ROI of their campaigns.
Backed by leading venture investors and headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Engagio was named as one of the Top 10 Best Small Companies to Work For in the Bay Area, and is on the JMP Securities 2018 Hot 100 List of Privately Held Software Companies. Most recently, Engagio was recognized as the best overall MarTech solution in the 2019 MarTech Breakthrough Awards, named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s 2019 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® by National Association for Business Resources, and ranked among the fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
This isn’t our first rodeo. Our CEO, Jon Miller, was instrumental in building two of the largest marketing technology companies in the past 20 years including Epiphany (IPO: 1999); and most recently as Co-Founder of Marketo; (IPO: 2013, then acquired by Adobe in 2018). Our Co-Founder Brian Babcock worked with Jon at Epiphany and was also early at Rocket Fuel; (IPO: 2013) and Platfora (Acquired by Workday: 2016). Some of our customers include Atlassian, Snowflake, Symantec, TrendMicro, and Vonage.
An Account Manager at Engagio is responsible for managing a set of customer’s renewal and upsell/cross-sell needs. Working closely with the Customer Success team to drive customer retention through increased adoption. The Account Manager will be the main point of contact for all commercial needs of the customer and be measured on net retention rates.
- Own and manage a portfolio of existing customers
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Acquire and maintain a strong knowledge of the Engagio solutions and competitive solutions
- Prospect, develop, and close new Engagio solutions with our existing customers
- Sell the Engagio vision to customers and new customer leads through product demonstrations, events, and target-specific initiatives
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Experience team to assure customers are reaching their business objectives, have solid account plans, and are seeing value with Engagio
- Identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities through customer interactions, participation in regular customer and CSM meetings and EBRs, etc
- Manage customers through the renewal process, including effectively managing escalations related to contract terms
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize growth and customer happiness
- Develop and execute on account plans (in collaboration with CSMs) to deliver maximum revenue potential
- Create and deliver accurate forecasts
- Exceed monthly/quarterly retention and growth quotas
- Required Skills/Experience: Transactional sales experience selling B2B applications into the small and mid-market space; on-demand
- SaaS, CRM, SFA, and marketing software applications sales experience is strongly preferred
- Skilled at negotiating business terms with line-of-business, senior management and/or C-level executives
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Teamwork and good communication skills a must
- Four-year university/college degree required
- Ability to work on-site in San Mateo, CA
Build the next great marketing platform.
1. Freedom and Transparency
2. Happiness and Positivity
3. Excellence and Execution
Engagio has many great perks, include:
Free Philz coffee
Medical, dental & insurance
Great downtown San Mateo location
Close to Caltrain
Flexible work hours
Fun monthly events
Fully stocked kitchens
Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
*Engagio is an equal opportunity employer.
*Candidates must complete in order to qualify for the position:
Criminal background check