Lead UX Designer
San Mateo /
What we're Building
We’re on a mission to make marketing more meaningful by building the next-generation B2B marketing platform.
Our account-based engagement platform helps B2B sales and marketing teams grow revenue faster by providing essential capabilities including a B2B customer data platform (CDP), actionable sales insights, multi-channel program orchestration and full-journey analytics.
Backed by leading venture investors and headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Engagio was named as one of the Top 10 Best Small Companies to Work For in the Bay Area, was recognized as the best overall MarTech solution in the 2019 MarTech Breakthrough Awards, and was named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s 2019 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® by National Association for Business Resources.
This isn’t our first rodeo. Our CEO, Jon Miller, was instrumental in building two of the largest marketing technology companies in the past 20 years including Epiphany (IPO: 1999); and most recently as Co-Founder of Marketo (IPO: 2013, then acquired by Adobe for $4.8B in 2018). Our Co-Founder Brian Babcock worked with Jon at Epiphany and was also early at Rocket Fuel (IPO: 2013) and Platfora (Acquired by Workday: 2016). Some of our customers include Atlassian, Snowflake, Pendo, TrendMicro, and Vonage.
You are a Design Lead with a passion for building human-centric products, processes, and teams. You are motivated by challenges and are always asking, “how can this be better”. You’ve mastered the art of storytelling and can facilitate productive conversations around product and design decisions.
You’re well-versed in design theory, but you’ve developed your own philosophies after years of experience building software in a fast-paced environment. Above all else, you’re an advocate for the user and have a systematic approach to sharing their feedback and voice.
Your past experience demonstrates your ability to tackle the complexities of enterprise software and your ability to establish yourself as a leader and user advocate in an organization.
- Talk to customers to understand business problems and user stories
- Facilitate conversations with the Product and Engineering teams to solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions
- Design experiences and prototypes that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our products
- Identify and track product metrics to support design decisions and product direction
- Over time, manage, mentor, and grow a team of world-class designers
- Evolve and establish the design process
- You will have the ability to view and modify source code in the source code repository
What you bring to the role
- A minimum of 5+ years of increasing responsibility in product design within an enterprise B2B SaaS environment
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts and brainstorm solutions rapidly
- Capacity to communicate design decisions and interactions at all levels of fidelity
- Systematic approach of incorporating user-feedback into decision making process
Build the next great marketing platform.
1. Freedom and Transparency
2. Happiness and Positivity
3. Excellence and Execution
Engagio has many great perks, include:
Free Philz coffee
Medical, dental & insurance
Great downtown San Mateo location
Close to Caltrain
Flexible work hours
Fun monthly events
Fully stocked kitchens
Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
*Engagio is an equal opportunity employer. *
Candidates must complete in order to qualify for the position:
- Criminal background check
- Reference checks
- Education verification
- Education verification