Back End Engineer
What we're Building
Engagio’s Account Based Marketing and Sales platform enables teams to orchestrate highly-scalable human connections. Our all in one ABM solution helps you engage your best prospects and customers, get deeper insights at the company level, and communicate with personalized, relevant content. Join the experts in the Account Based Everything revolution!Engagio has over $32 million in funding from Norwest, FirstMark, Storm Ventures, and First Round Capital. Engagio is hiring awesome, entrepreneurial employees to join the team at Engagio headquarters in downtown San Mateo, CA.
As a Back End Engineer at Engagio, you’ll be a key contributor to our SaaS platform for account-based sales and marketing.
You’ll design and develop scalable, reliable back-end services using a loosely-coupled service-oriented architecture with clean, elegant APIs. You’ll write a lot of Scala code and deploy to the AWS cloud. Ideally, you’re comfortable going deep on data and analytics, building products to help Engagio’s customers reach insights that transform their sales and marketing activities.
We’re looking for engineers who will thrive in a start-up environment: you’ll take responsibility for significant parts of the product while collaborating actively as part of a small, talented team. You’ll work out of our downtown San Mateo office (right near the Caltrain).
- Great experience in Java server side programming. Experience with Scala a strong plus.
- Solid skills in relational database technologies
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services
- Proven project leadership skills demonstrated by having led the development and roll out of new features
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- Familiarity with agile software management methodologies
- Excellent analytical and design capabilities
- Degree (minimum BS, ideally MS) in computer science
- 2+ year of experience as a back end software engineer
- Authorization to work in the United States
Build a great software company, united by a common vision of the 1:1 future that uses data and analytics to make every interaction more intelligent, more personalized, and more relevant.
1. Freedom and Transparency
2. Happiness and Positivity
3. Excellence and Execution
Free Philz coffee
Medical, dental & insurance
Great downtown San Mateo location Close to Caltrain
Flexible work hours
Equinox Gym Membership
Fun monthly events
Fully stocked kitchens
Weekly educational classes & catered lunch