Senior QA Engineer
What we're Building
Engagio’s Account Based Marketing and Sales platform enables teams to orchestrate highly-scalable human connections. Our all in one ABM solution helps you engage your best prospects and customers, get deeper insights at the company level, and communicate with personalized, relevant content. Join the experts in the Account Based Everything revolution! Engagio has over $32 million in funding from Norwest, FirstMark, Storm Ventures, and First Round Capital. Engagio is hiring awesome, entrepreneurial employees to join the team at Engagio headquarters in downtown San Mateo, CA.
As the Senior QA Engineer, you’ll be a key contributor to our SaaS platform for account-based sales and marketing.
You will be responsible for leading our QA best practices, agile project management and release management to the next level. You will introduce processes and technologies that help engineers perform their quality assurance tasks more consistently and reliably. You will write test cases, manage exploratory testing and work with product management, internal stakeholders and customers to ensure that our quality standards are met before our solution makes it into the hand of our customers. You will also be responsible for all of our agile project management and release management activities.
We’re looking for team members who will thrive in a start-up environment: you’ll take responsibility for significant parts of the product while collaborating actively as part of a small, talented team. You’ll work out of our downtown San Mateo office (right near the Caltrain).
- You have demonstrated QA leadership through a leadership role or leading QA projects
- You are comfortable leading by example with hands-on QA work
- You agree that first and foremost software engineers are responsible for delivering high quality code
- You have a strong understanding of software quality assurance methodologies
- You are proficient in different types of testing types such as functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, data driven testing, API testing, load and performance testing, vulnerability testing and penetration testing
- Not managing a team right now is ok with you but you have the desire to do so in the next 12 months
- Your technical skills include Selenium, JMeter, LoadRunner (or similar) and other testing technologies
- Exploratory and manual testing is not foreign to you and you see it as a value add
- Test case management systems are a welcome addition to your organized work life
- You demonstrate excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- You have Excellent analytical, design and problem-solving skills
- You are comfortable speaking with executives and customers
Agile Project Management & Release Management Responsibilities
- You are very proficient with agile software and project management methodologies including hands-on experience
- You are very experienced with release and sprint management
- You are process and metric oriented
- You have led engineering teams through sprint planning, stand-up and retrospectives for many years
- You can configure and navigate Atlassian JIRA and Confluence in your slee
- Degree (minimum BS, ideally MS) in computer science
- 4+ years of experience as a QA engineer or QA lead
- Experience with SaaS/service organization compliance frameworks such as SOC 2 is a significant plus
- Authorization to work in the United States
- You will have SSH access to Production and are responsible for troubleshooting problems in Production.
- You will have the ability to view and modify source code in the source code repository and deploy into production.
Build a great software company, united by a common vision of the 1:1 future that uses data and analytics to make every interaction more intelligent, more personalized, and more relevant.
1. Freedom and Transparency
2. Happiness and Positivity
3. Excellence and Execution
Free Philz coffee
Medical, dental & insurance
Guaranteed annual 3.14 pay increase
Great downtown San Mateo location Close to Caltrain
Flexible work hours
Fun monthly events
Fully stocked kitchens
Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
*Engagio is an equal opportunity employer. *
Candidates must complete in order to qualify for the position:
Criminal background check