Special Assistant / Exec Coordinator
Cambridge, MA /
Venture Fund /
Special Assistant / Exec Coordinator
Location: Cambridge, MA
The Engine is looking for a motivated, collaborative, and organized individual to join our growing team as a Special Assistant / Executive Coordinator. The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual with interest in working at a mission-driven organization at the intersection of technology and finance with deep curiosity for entrepreneurship, climate tech, human health and solving some of the world’s biggest problems.
This position will work closely with The Engine’s Partners, assisting them on administrative needs such as email, scheduling and weekly priorities as well as strategic special projects across the investment team and organization. This position is at the center of our organization, has a unique view of what we do and will offer ample opportunities for growth and learning. This person will work with and report to The Engine’s Chief of Staff.
The Engine, launched by MIT, invests in early-stage companies solving the world’s biggest problems through a convergence of breakthrough science, engineering, and leadership.
We accelerate the path to market for Tough Tech companies tackling problems across climate change, human health and advanced infrastructure.
We operate a 30,000 square foot facility of office, lab, and makerspace at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA. We also are finishing construction of a 200,000 square foot facility in Kendall Square, that will open doors in Fall 2022. Our website contains additional details about our founders, our team, our mission, and our offering: www.engine.xyz
Interested candidates should reach out to Sophie Meyer at email@example.com.
- Manage inbox and email of Senior leadership, manage correspondence on a daily basis, help track and draft emails, flagging important notes to Chief of Staff/ Senior Leadership and proofreading documents before they are sent
- Prepare weekly summary of future schedule and priorities, assemble bios ahead of meetings and work with team to ensure necessary information and materials are ready
- Track important stakeholders and work closely with Leadership and team on strategic investor relations and coordination
- Help prepare for, attend and debrief meetings alongside partners, taking the helm on necessary follow throughs
- Support and track speaking engagements, coordinate preparation across the team and ensure day of logistics run smoothly
- Support development and upkeep of company wide presentation materials for board meetings, external presentations, and capital raise pitches
- Complete general administrative work (i.e., calendar scheduling/maintenance, meeting coordination internally and externally, and booking travel as needed)
- Process expenses promptly on a monthly basis
- Support the investment and platform teams in the development and execution of key programs for the broader community, including but not limited to Investor Landscape Briefings, The Engine’s Blueprint Program for proto entrepreneurs, collaborative programs with our MIT/University affiliates, and more.
- Help maintain a friendly, clean, and warm workplace environment
- Assist with personal tasks for General Partners
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Mission aligned, excited to contribute to a team and portfolio working to solve global problems
- Highly organized and detail oriented, excellent planning and time management skills
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment and with a high degree of ambiguity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proficiency in MS Office/Dropbox/Google Apps Suite/ Keynote
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to proofread and draft materials efficiently and effectively
- Problem solver, who is creative and always looking for improvements and solutions
- Emotional Intelligence, maturity and sense of humor
- Can instill trust in Senior Leadership team
- Ability to work in person everyday
-A mission-driven work environment and team, and the opportunity to work with world-class Tough Tech founders
-Competitive compensation based on experience
-Health, Dental, Vision Insurance