Cambridge, MA /
The Engine, Program Manager
The Engine, launched by MIT, invests in early-stage companies solving the world’s biggest problems through a convergence of breakthrough science, engineering, and leadership. We accelerate the path to market for Tough Tech companies through the combination of capital, infrastructure, and network. This person will report directly to the Design Operating Partner.
We operate a 30,000 square foot facility of office, lab, and makerspace at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA. We also started the construction of a 200,000 square foot facility in Kendall Square, that will open doors in Spring 2021.
Our website contains additional details about our founders, our team, our mission, and our offering: www.engine.xyz
Location: Cambridge, MARole: Full-time
What you will accomplish:This is a cross-cutting role that will enable The Engine to build a platform to help Tough Tech founders grow their businesses. This platform includes both soft and hard components from programs to backend systems.
A non-exhaustive list of responsibilities for this role:
- Develop and lead a unified platform strategy aligned with:The Engine’s mission to help technical founders grow into business leaders
Cultivation of thought leadership and relationships in the Tough Tech ecosystemOngoing initiatives across The Engine Fund, Network, and Infrastructure
- Develop, coordinate, and execute programming including monthly workshops and masterclasses, an annual offsite, and opportunistic events.
- Manage relationships and facilitate deeper engagement with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, corporations, government agencies, and NGOs that are of interest to The Engine’s portfolio companies.
- Support the execution of the Tough Tech Summit, The Engine’s annual event for the Tough Tech ecosystem.
- Build and maintain digital tools for information sharing within the portfolio. This includes a CRM for The Engine’s relationships, a platform to facilitate connections between experts and the portfolio, and more.
- Develop content and engagement strategy around a go-to hub for founders for information on The Engine Platform, Fund, and Network.
- Manage resources, experts, and tools for the portfolio companies. Design and implement platforms and systems to deploy them.
- Special Projects: The Engine is a fast-moving, dynamic organization with evolving priorities. This role will be expected to take amorphous projects and work with the team to deliver on them.
- 2-4 years of experience in an operations role, consultancy role or entrepreneurship
- Demonstrated experience in community building & programming in a fast-paced environment, entrepreneurship, and/or Tough Tech experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, early-stage environment
- Effective communicator and demonstrated ability to understand different stakeholder perspectives
- Ability to work autonomously and lead projects; must be able to work independently at times and execute quickly
- Flexible in mindset and can thrive in an agile and iterative environment
- Approaches problem-solving in a team-oriented, highly collaborative, and creative way
- Digital tool savvy; experience working with multiple platforms such as Google Apps, CRM, and Wordpress Admin
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Bachelor degree required
What we offer:
A mission-driven work environment and team, and the opportunity to work with world-class Tough Tech founders-Competitive compensation, based on experience
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance-401k matching