Policy & Climate Strategist
Cambridge, MA /
Venture Fund /
The Engine is looking for a motivated, collaborative, and analytical individual to join our team as the Policy and Climate Strategist. This person will play the critical role of backing up and articulating our point of view and helping to get that message across our various platforms and stakeholders. This person will hold a high level strategy position across all functions of the organization, interfacing closely with our CEO, Heads of Marketing, Research, Government, and all Partners at The Engine.
The Engine has the opportunity to propose and push forward actionable ideas at the intersection of innovation and entrepreneurship, technology and policy, and economic growth, relating to the breadth of fields in Tough Tech. Applicants are requested to apply to lead policy development in these areas. The ideal candidate blends domain expertise with research capacity and excellent writing skills. This candidate may have technical, policy or business area specialization but will be willing to explore the breadth of fields accessible to tough tech. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is comfortable in a fluid work environment and able to communicate information clearly and concisely.
The Policy and Climate Strategist will work to form The Engine’s point of view on critical policy and ecosystem level needs for tough tech. This includes familiarization with research across innovation and entrepreneurship as well as climate change, human health and advanced systems related topics. The Policy and Climate Strategist will support written efforts by The Engine team in the form of medium posts and other publication forms, as well as speeches for The Engine executives. The Engine seeks a mission-driven individual with experience in research, policy and/or advocacy on Tough Tech topics.
About The Engine
The Engine, launched by MIT, invests in early-stage companies solving the world’s biggest problems through a convergence of breakthrough science, engineering, and leadership. We accelerate the path to market for Tough Tech companies tackling problems across climate change, human health and advanced infrastructure. The Engine is headquartered in Cambridge, MA. For more information, visit www.engine.xyz.
- Engaging subject matter experts, current government officials, the academic community and the tough tech entrepreneurial community to develop novel points of view on tough tech.
- Sourcing, editing and drafting policy proposals, reports, presentations and speeches on tough tech topics;
- Support strategic communication efforts related to The Engine’s point of view.
- Represent The Engine and our mission and advocate for Tough Tech in the startup, academic and policy communities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong alignment with The Engine’s mission to enable Tough Tech entrepreneurs to create world-changing companies.
- Exceptional ability to communicate intricate policy matters in speech and writing.
- Dedicated team player committed to collaboration.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable with diverse engineering and scientific disciplines.
- Outstanding mental agility, adaptability, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Work experience in research, policy or advocacy roles.
- A mission-driven work environment and team, and the opportunity to work with world-class Tough Tech founders
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k matching
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume.