Venture Fund /
Engine Ventures invests in the next generation of Tough Tech founders: providing capital, operational expertise, and a powerful academic, commercial, and governmental network to build and scale companies unlocking massive opportunities in climate change, human health, and advanced systems. For more information, visit https://engine.xyz/ventures.
We are looking for a collaborative, detail-oriented and analytical individual to join our Fund Operations team as a Financial Analyst. Engine Ventures is a lean and highly collaborative team, and this position reports to the VP of Investor Relations and Operations, to manage key financial reporting and operations processes, as well as analysis across critical business decisions.
- Assist with fund and investment modeling
- Perform market research for investments and assist with investment memos
- Maintain and expand portfolio management software to ensure integrity and consistency of portfolio and fund information, including portfolio company financials, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and milestone
- Assist in managing the investment valuation process
- Review and analyze information to produce presentations for internal use and for external delivery
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and business projects, including research and strategic insights for annual investor meetings and other investor reporting, and other fund operations needs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong alignment with The Engine’s mission to enable Tough Tech entrepreneurs to create world-changing companies
- 2+ years of relevant finance or consulting experience is preferred, including experience with investment valuation techniques
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. Degrees in a scientific or technical field will also be considered
- Detail-oriented and data-driven analytical skills
- Highly proficient Excel skills required
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility/ownership of projects to achieve outcomes
- Dedicated team player committed to collaboration
- Superior listening and communication skills; ability to present findings in a compelling way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation development
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to be comfortable in a fluid work environment and deal with competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
Engine Ventures deeply values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an equal-opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.