Reception & Front Desk Manager
Cambridge, MA /
The Engine is looking for motivated, fast-paced individuals to join our team and who are excited to help build a tough tech community in our new facility.
About The Engine
The Engine opened its doors in June of 2017 to founders of early-stage companies working on disruptive technology. Founded by MIT, The Engine’s mission is to provide capital, resources, and comprehensive support to help founders build the next generation of world-changing companies. We are growing to a new 155,000 SF building in Central Square, Cambridge in September 2022. Our building will include offices, meeting spaces, bio & chem labs, and maker/fabrication space.
What is the Reception & Front Desk Manager?
This role will support The Engine’s new facility and represent The Engine to anyone visiting 750 Main Street. You will be the first face that Residents and guests see when they come to The Engine. This person will be responsible for the operation of the front desk by greeting Residents and visitors warmly, communicating the visitor sign-in flow, and providing access for guests and Residents. They will also ensure the day-to-day operations of the building run smoothly by tracking the new resident onboarding process & changes in service for our teams, curating community events for our building, and assisting with monthly invoicing. This person will be customer-service oriented and aim to make both residents and Engine staff happy and productive!
Areas of Responsibility
- Represent the Engine to all visitors, staff, and guests
- Run the front desk during business hours
- Greet visitors warmly and ensure an efficient hand-off to his/her host using our guest management system, Envoy
- Monitor building badges and keys; program after-hours access to building; periodically update database system to ensure accurate information
- Provide support with event planning of all kinds; place and receive catering orders; set-up/breakdown furniture; work with host to ensure all preparation details are addressed
- Maintain relationships with facilities team and applicable vendors; triage issues and place service calls; schedule routine equipment service and warranty appointments
- Assist with monthly invoicing
- Keep desk tidy & office supplies stocked, organized, inventoried and readily available.
- Order supplies for events, office, and team members
- Assist in Operations Team tasks as needed
Qualities of an idea candidate
- 2-3 years of experience in office management, operations, or coworking management
- Friendly demeanor and a customer service orientation
- Very organized and excels in task management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A team player that works well both collaboratively and independently
- Mission aligned - we are here to help our Resident Companies!
- Flexible, agile and willing to learn - we are a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Willing to jump in, we roll up our sleeves and say yes to almost everything
- Experience managing or working in a coworking space is a plus!
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional work experience
- The ability to work in-person on a full-time basis from Monday through Friday, including some early mornings and evenings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Apps
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.