Deep Learning Research Engineer
Enlitic is shaping the next generation of diagnostic healthcare tools to help patients around the globe. By using AI and deep learning, we help Radiologists identify diseases and medical issues (e.g cancers and tumors) more accurately and earlier. We believe we are working on one of the biggest social impact opportunities in healthcare and are deploying our technology around the globe in areas that lack proper specialists, helping patients get diagnosed quickly with more accuracy.
Enlitic was founded in 2014, raised $30M to date, and has a teams in downtown San Francisco and Toronto. We’ve been featured on TED, CNN, WSJ, NYTimes, Inc, Fortune, named 5th smartest AI company by MIT Tech Review, and won €1M in May 2017 at the Cube Tech Fair in Berlin.
At Enlitic, our Deep Learning Research Engineers are both Researchers and Engineers. We’re a highly collaborative and as part of our small but mighty team, you will play a key role in building and developing our tools from the ground up.
The exciting things you will get to do once employed:
- Your primary mission is to put machine learning algorithms into practice, while growing your own expertise in machine learning
- Run experiments to test hypotheses with the team members including MDs, Researchers and Engineers
- You will get to participate in writing and crafting research publications and share-out in reading groups
- Attend, and sometimes speak or present at, some of the best medical and tech conferences in the world
- You will have independent responsibility for one or two modeling projects
- Participate in a feedback loop to figure out the ways we can use deep learning to maximize the impact on patient care
The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the position:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field - Masters, PhD, or MD highly preferred
- Math background (calculus, linear algebra, statistics)
- Prior computer vision and machine learning experience
- Project experience, either from industry or research (not course project, but paper making project)
- You have strong coding skills, and can work in languages ranging from Python to C++ or Java, in a team development environment
- Clinical or healthcare background a must-have
- You are familiar with scientific computing and systems and have quick model prototyping experience in TensorFlow (preferred)/PyTorch/Theano with GPUs
- Major Bonus: Medical imaging background, publications (ICML, NIPS, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV), a developed Github to share, awards in healthcare related competitions
We celebrate diversity at our company and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, or disability status. We understand that to hire the best talent, we need to search the globe. We encourage our employees to be themselves and require tolerance and acceptance among our diverse talent.