Backend Infrastructure Engineer
Enlitic is shaping the next generation of diagnostic healthcare tools to help patients around the globe. By using AI and deep learning, we help Radiologists identify diseases and medical issues (e.g cancers and tumors) more accurately and earlier. We believe we are working on one of the biggest social impact opportunities in healthcare and are deploying our technology around the globe in areas that lack proper specialists, helping patients get diagnosed quickly with more accuracy.
Enlitic was founded in 2014, raised $30M to date, and has a teams in downtown San Francisco and Toronto. We’ve been featured on TED, CNN, WSJ, NYTimes, Inc, Fortune, named 5th smartest AI company by MIT Tech Review, and won €1M in May 2017 at the Cube Tech Fair in Berlin.
Enlitic is seeking an experienced software engineer to join the engineering team to support next generation AI enhanced medical dignostics. The engineering team builds large distributed components that run Enlitic's platform. The Enlitic platform strives to be the redefine performance in terms of scale and latencies. The engineering team does everything from designing scale data storage, to building out software tools and software components within the Enlitic platform, to building internal infrastructure tools. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
The exciting things you will get to do once employed:
- Design core, backend software components for our core product
- Interface with other team members to incorporate innovations
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Ability to collaborate on tackling complex problems on a mission driven product
The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the position:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ year coding experience in C/C++ and/or Python
- 2+ years experience building large-scale server applications
- Bonus: experience with operating system internals, filesystems or programming language design
We celebrate diversity at our company and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, or disability status. We understand that to hire the best talent, we need to search the globe. We encourage our employees to be themselves and require tolerance and acceptance among our diverse talent.