VP Data Science/Machine Learning
Fort Collins /
Data Science /
Our Company is shaping the next generation of diagnostic healthcare tools to help patients around the globe. By using AI and deep learning, we help Radiologists identify diseases and medical issues more accurately and earlier. We believe we are working on one of the biggest social impact opportunities in healthcare and are deploying our technology around the globe. Our Company is attacking the hard high-value challenges facing healthcare, by developing solutions others are afraid too. We have dedicated our time in the development of impactful healthcare solutions. We have been featured on TED, CNN, WSJ, NYTimes, Inc, Fortune, named 5th smartest AI company by MIT Tech Review.
We are looking for an experienced VP of Data Science and Machine learning to build and lead our growing team of data scientist and data engineers. You will lead our strategy, development, and execution for healthcare leading AI solutions. You will leverage your experience in data science and machine learning to accelerate the development of high value and meaningful healthcare AI solutions. Your team will be responsible for developing the next generation of solutions that will enhance clinical and patient outcome. The strategies we utilize are related to several fields of study:
· Machine Learning modeling and statistical simulation
· NLP and CV
· Deep Learning and neural networks
· Behavioral Learning and analysis
· Performance Predictions
· Data Management
· Data Analytics
The ideal candidate will have experience with managing teams, the SDLC and design controls in a regulatory controlled environment. The Successful candidate will be part of our executive leadership team helping to drive product innovation and the delivery of high value clinical solutions.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and evidence a professional track record of effective management, analysis, and a thorough understanding of healthcare data science.
- Fort Collins - Northern Colorado Area. REQUIRED
- Relocation Assistance
- Master's or PhD degree in applied computational mathematics, computer science, statistics, artificial intelligence, or equivalent field and/or relevant industry work experience.
- 10+ years industry experience applying data science, machine learning methods, statistical computing and modelling to real-world problems
- 10+ years’ experience managing, hiring, and developing teams and high-profile talent, including People managers
- Strong leadership capabilities in collaborating, mentoring, and partnering across different disciplines and teams
- 4+ years’ experience in healthcare solutions
- Organize team roles, objectives, priorities, releases in alignment with the product priorities
- Perform employee reviews and assessments, manage performance
- Set the strategic direction for our use of data science and machine learning
- Drive direction and evolution of the data science platform, architecture, and tooling
- Act as data science, machine learning mentor to the organization
- Provide strategic guidance on long-term product strategy
- Collaborate across functions to set clarity on the priorities, roadmap, and deliverables.
- Mine datasets in collaboration with BI and business to identify new relevant indicators and business trends and convert those insights into impactful platform features
- Mange a team of specialized Data and Research scientist from ML scientist to NLP and computer vision Scientist
- Will ensure design controls are being followed through the SDLC, proper model training, clinical validation and ISO 13485 policies and procedures are being executed
- Contribute to the development of regulatory submissions, inclusion criteria, clinical claims, and results for intended use
- Prioritize and manage the DS team in an agile environment
- Verify and ensure that machine learning quality assurance is being executed, along with proper testing and traceability
- Pioneer the Data and ML infrastructure and management
- Key thought partner and lead our innovation on ML models that improve health outcomes, clinical workflows, and healthcare automation
- Create and execute the strategy and roadmap for operationalizing data science and AI solutions at scale.
- Propose solutions to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems.
- Utilizes modeling software, data, and system requirements, scoring process, and predictive model output integration into business systems.
- You will play a key role in determining which technologies, services, toolkits, data structures and methodologies should be employed to optimally achieve AI objectives
- Solid understanding of nuances related to building machine learning models including data preparation techniques, feature engineering techniques, building machine learning (ML) deep learning models and related ML algorithms
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Company paid employee Life Insurance
- Up to 10% 401k match
- Unlimited PTO
- $180 a month health and fitness stipend
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
We celebrate diversity at our company and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, or disability status. We understand that to hire the best talent, we need to search the globe. We encourage our employees to be themselves and require tolerance and acceptance among our diverse talent.