Software Engineer, Frontend
Enlitic is shaping the next generation of diagnostic healthcare tools to help patients around the globe. By using AI and deep learning, we help Radiologists identify diseases and medical issues (e.g cancers and tumors) more accurately and earlier. We believe we are working on one of the biggest social impact opportunities in healthcare and are deploying our technology around the globe in areas that lack proper specialists, helping patients get diagnosed quickly with more accuracy.
Enlitic was founded in 2014, raised $30M to date, and has a teams in downtown San Francisco and Toronto. We’ve been featured on TED, CNN, WSJ, NYTimes, Inc, Fortune, named 5th smartest AI company by MIT Tech Review, and won €1M in May 2017 at the Cube Tech Fair in Berlin.
As part of our small but mighty team, you will play a key role in building and developing our software from the ground up. We know that architecting systems that are extendable and extensible improves our ability to successfully deliver products as our footprint scales, and so we want engineers who love building robust software and who can think critically about best practices and scalability. Our main full-stack tech stack includes React, Redux, Flask, and Postgres.
The exciting things you will get to do once employed:
- Architect robust abstractions to help us build a variety of different tools and products
- Work with the consumer of your applications, partnering with them to devise new features and products
- Build rapid prototypes of new web applications and iterate for ideas to become production ready
- Build applications using modular scalable designs that are well tested and well constructed
- Develop and use data visualization tools, data collection applications or products to help diagnose patients in novel ways
The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the position:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years of experience as an Engineer shipping code in a production environment
- Technical ability encompasses all levels of the stack from the database to the UI
- Knowledgeable about React and Redux frameworks (50-70% of this position will be React development)
- Understands the power of a well-designed abstraction
We celebrate diversity at our company and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, or disability status. We understand that to hire the best talent, we need to search the globe. We encourage our employees to be themselves and require tolerance and acceptance among our diverse talent.