Customer Support Specialist
Pathstream – Product
We aim to empower all our students. When they get stuck or encounter technical issues, your job will be to save the day and keep them on the right track.
Our number one desire to provide an effective, meaningful learning experience for our students and instructors. Seeing students succeed is what brings us to work every day. But with any tech product comes technical issues. In our case the stakes are high — unresolved technical issues can be enough to cause a student to give up, drop out, and not achieve their career goals.
You will be responsible for ensuring we provide such a high-level customer support that students and instructors who have technical issues end up feeling more, not less, excited and empowered to use the Pathstream platform to achieve their career goals.
Our customer support channels include an FAQ page, email, and live chat embedded in our platform. The customer support team is responsible for owning those communication channels and getting the issues that come in resolved.
This is a remote position that is based out of the employee’s residence and reports to the Product Manager.
WHAT WE DO
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to the jobs in this current economy. We accomplish this by partnering with leading software companies to build college curriculum for emerging digital skill careers, which are delivered to students through our national network of community college and university partners through our online, active-learning environment.
Progress to date:
Established partnerships with Salesforce, Facebook, Tableau, Asana, and Unity
Established partnerships with 25+ colleges in 17 states that serve over 1 million students
Launched our online learning platform — used by over 2,000 students
Viewed as a groundbreaking education model, as featured in thisTechCrunch article
Recently closed $12 million in Series A financing, as featured in thisEdSurge article
We’re a tight-knit, hardworking, mission-driven team of ~40 employees who are eager to scale our solution and transform higher education across the United States. See who we are and what we believe in.
What You'll Do:
- In this job you will be on the front line responding to and resolving student and instructors support tickets. You will also spend time collaborating with internal teams to create fixes for root-cause issues. Day-to-day activities will include:
- Respond to customer support emails
- Respond to customer support chats
- Determine the root cause of customer support tickets
- If needed, work with internal stakeholders to identify a solution to the root cause
- Communicate the solution to the user (via phone call or written communication)
- Build out our knowledge base and user onboarding process
- Measure performance against key metrics such as satisfaction, response time, and resolution time
- Work with our product team translate common help desk issues into product improvement ideas
You'll be successful if you have:
- 3+ years customer support experience for a software-as-a-service (SaaS) product
- Technical skills
- Comfort learning new technology and tools
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and support tools
- Knowledge of OS / browser / web applications and technical troubleshooting ability
- Communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for resolving external user issues
- Ability to get help and ask for fixes as needed for internal collaboration
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly identify the root cause of the issue, including pattern matching from previously seen issues
- Ability to quickly identify temporary workarounds as well as long-term solutions
- Bonus points for
- Experience supporting an education tech product
- Experience using Salesforce Service Cloud
- Experience working in a fast-growth startup
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work directly with students and instructors to help them succeed
- Opportunity to be develop technical skills related to the product
- Opportunity to relay feedback from students and instructors to inform product roadmap decisions
- Fast-paced and dynamic work environment with a collaborative team that is committed to each other’s success and professional growth
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience (this is a full-time, exempt, salaried position)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you (100%) and your dependents (50%)
- Health, commuter, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off (we maintain a flexible/unlimited vacation policy)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
How to apply:
- If you’re interested in joining Pathstream, please submit a resume and cover letter.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristic to apply.