Data Engineer (Remote Position)
ReUp Education – Engineering
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join the ReUp Education team. As our first data engineer, you will play a central role in bringing data to the forefront of all decisions and be an important data advisor at the launch of new initiatives. You will be responsible for helping maintain the data infrastructure, including identifying ways to improve and optimize our data processes. Your effective coordination and collaboration with ReUp team members in Product, Sales, Coaching, Finance, and Marketing will help process client data files and onboard new clients efficiently. If you are a curious engineer with strong Python, SQL paired with business acumen, then we want to hear from you!
Our ideal candidate is excited to dive into an early-stage role. While this position is primarily focused on data engineering, there can be varying responsibilities to fill, ranging from reporting to data validation. A deep sense of curiosity, willingness to learn and the ability to take initiative is imperative. Curiosity and sharp communication skills are also essential in this role to ensure that data infrastructure needs are being met and addressed. You must be self-motivated, results-driven, team-oriented, and able to operate nimbly in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This position can be based anywhere in the US and reports directly to our Director of Data.
What we do
Founded in 2015, ReUp Education is the only organization that focuses exclusively on helping colleges and universities engage and re-enroll the more than 40% of US students who have “stopped out” and support them until graduation, through our technology-enabled service. To date, we have re-enrolled over 8,500 students and recaptured over $25 million in tuition for our university partners.
What you'll do
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain architectures.
- Identify and automate processes wherever possible.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Partner with stakeholders (marketing, product, coaching, etc...) to streamline and optimize our data flow, data storage, and reporting environment.
- Prepare student and university data and support in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Maintain codebase in Python to process client data files and onboard new ReUp clients.
You'll be successful if
- You have a 2 to 5 years track record of analytics work experience, preferably in higher education, EdTech, or a start-up environment.
- You have strong SQL and Python skills.
- You are able to communicate and present complex ideas effectively to all levels of stakeholders in the organization.
- You proactively look at ways to automate and optimize tasks.
- You offer excellent attention to detail, leaving no stone unturned in your work.
- You are comfortable with some travel to biannual retreats (~10%).
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business, or quantitative-focused study.
We'll be a great match if
- You care about ReUp’s mission and are committed to helping us open new opportunities to students.
- You have a knack for data automation and optimization, with a willingness to think creatively in developing efficiencies.
- You are energized by working in a dynamic startup environment where priorities and opportunities change constantly.
- You approach data with curiosity and willingness to explore new ways to integrate data into company-wide decisions and initiatives.
- You are passionate about supporting data-driven decisions while recognizing the people behind the numbers.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience and location).
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums.
- Flexible time off and remote work opportunity.
- 401(k) plan.
- A diverse team that fosters a high level of collaboration despite being highly distributed.
- We provide your choice of a Mac or PC laptop.
- ReUp is a distributed company. The majority of our team work remotely.
- We also have a group which works out of our office in San Francisco.
TEAMWORK * RESULTS * CONSTANT LEARNING * AGENCY * DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & EQUITY * JOY
ReUp employees share a passion for improving outcomes for stopout students. We support students to get Results as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and that supporting an individual’s Agency acts as a catalyst for positive change and resiliency. We support Diversity, Inclusion & Equity, for both the students we work with and in our hiring practices. We value Teamwork and strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We tackle hard problems with curiosity and take action towards continuous improvement and Constant Learning. Approaching our work with open hearts, open minds, and seeking collective success creates Joy. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
ReUp Education is an equal opportunity employer. Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.