Technical Project Manager
Remote - US /
Technology Operations – Engineering /
LOCATION: U.S. Eastern Time Zone
Must reside in the US – preferably in the Eastern Time Zone. Remote working permitted. Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future. This is a full-time position with benefits. Contractors will not be considered for this position.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impactjust about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how it's priced and even where they are placed on the shelf. Our SolaaS (Solution as a Service) are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises.
What you will do:
The technical manager plays a central role in ensuring alignment and prioritization across our engineering team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned and collaborative leader with strong project management skills, a solutions-oriented mindset, and solid familiarity with the technologies used at Enterra. Because of the nature of our work and our technology, successful candidates must take a growth mindset and be comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to take a proactive, structured approach to achieve results. Results-orientation and deadline driven are critical in our fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will join a diverse team to:
- Support the management of all engineering activity from including ensuring the team is focused on the appropriate development and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Provide clear status information including risks and delays for Engineering and Client Services leads.
- Effectively track and manage timelines, governance, and profitability
- Work with the Project Lead and appropriate Enterra Management to track resources.
- Proactively identify, articulate, and manage risks through collaboration with Enterra Management team.
- Actively work with all participants to identify, develop, and suggest solutions to address any project delivery hurdles.
- Create Project Management artifacts such as Status Reports, Project Plans and other related documents.
- Contribute to evolution of technical project management methodology.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field – Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in technical project management. Experience in a software company environment would be beneficial.
- Proven ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience working within an engineering team, with an understanding of coding, web & cloud-based technologies.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and build structure to ensure prioritization.
- Experience tracking decentralized resources across multiple time zones and functions.
- Superior communication (verbal and written), organizational and management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, remote environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with the ability to build structure and take a proactive approach to drive results.
- Attention to detail – quality and accuracy in work is essential.
Highly Desired Skills:
- PMP/PMI or equivalent certification a plus