Front-End Web Developer
Remote - US /
Technology Operations – Engineering /
LOCATION: U.S. Eastern Time Zone
Must reside in the US – preferably in the Eastern Time Zone. Remote working permitted. Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future. This is a full-time position with benefits. Contractors will not be considered for this position.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impact just about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how its priced and even where it is placed on the shelf. Our SaaS solutions are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises.
What you will do:
- The ideal candidate must be collaborative, and deadline driven. Because of the nature of our work and our technology, successful candidates must take a growth mindset and be comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to take a proactive, structured approach to achieve results. Results-orientation and deadline driven are critical in our fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate will join a diverse team to:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance commercial quality, inviting, easy-to-use web-based user interfaces for multiple productized Enterra Solution offerings.
- Support the overall look and feel across the suite of Enterra Solution offerings.
- Ensure high-performance and responsiveness.
- Participate in the evolution of Enterra’s solution offerings.
- Work with external 3rd parties on the implementation of the UI/UX design
- Determining the structure and design of application web pages.
- Developing features to maximize the user experience – performance, usability, visualizations etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Implementing security and data protection throughout the code.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Creation and application of test plans for the responsible code modules.
- Working with other internal and external team members, especially back-end developers and data engineers to integrate data, perform integration testing and support the deployment architecture.
- Participate in regular SDLC activities ranging from estimation, status reporting, SCRUM sessions, design meetings, code reviews etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years of current, hands-on web application architecture, design, and development experience.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment encouraging code reuse, TDD/BDD testing frameworks such as Karma/Jest.
- Strong experience working with
- JS Frameworks and UI patterns, such as Unidirectional Flow/Flux, ReactJS, Redux.
- Visualization libraries such as D3, D3 with ReactJS are a huge bonus.
- RESTful services, Message Queues (AMQP / Kafka / Web sockets).
- Cross-browser and cross-device compatibility and browser-specific issues
- Experience in Microsoft Azure environment and Azure technology stack.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate with business and technical personnel both internally and externally. This includes documentation, presentations, and individual analysis sessions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, remote environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with the ability to build structure and take a proactive approach to drive results.
- Attention to detail – quality and accuracy in work is essential.