Power BI Developer
Remote - US /
Client Services – Client & Project Management /
Must reside in the US – preferably in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic Regions. Telecommuting permitted. Travel may be required for appropriate technology sessions. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impact just about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how it is priced and even where it is placed on the shelf. Our SaaS solutions are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises
What you will do:
- The successful candidate will join a diverse team to:
- Develop, maintain and enhance commercial quality Power BI reports that clearly visualize the insights and recommendations from Enterra’s solutions.
- Configure Power BI for access by clients through various mechanisms including apps, workspaces and embedding.
- Work with the Enterra and client teams to customize reports.
- Participate in the evolution of Enterra’s solution offerings as a whole.
- Analyze requirements from the Enterra team to design appropriate Power BI reports. Strong capacity to convert general requirements to specs and to commit to iterative development to reconcile different project visions or objectives.
- Develop reusable, testable, and efficient Power BI reports. This includes:
- Identifying and configuring appropriate visuals and dashboards
- Implementing tooltips and drill-throughs
- Implementing bookmarks
- Implementing comprehensive slicers
- Implementing Power BI custom themes and other look and feel components
- Creating desktop and mobile versions where appropriate.
- Integration with data storage solutions that may include databases, data lakes, data warehouses, blob stores, etc. This includes:
- Data Integration and testing using both direct query and data imports (using M)
- Implement measures using DAX
- Understanding the implications of certain data access modes (direct query vs live connections vs import) on the availability of both report authoring features and certain DAX measures.
- Design, develop and maintain the deployment pipeline for reports into workspaces and apps. This includes the ability to demonstrate knowledge of (or the capacity to learn quickly) how to:
- Deploy and refresh in Power BI service across environments with disparate security configurations;
- Automate report/data refresh where necessary;
- Enable and maintain incremental refresh;
- Trigger refresh via APIs;
- Handle conditions where cloud based data services may function as on premises sources for the purposes of refresh.
- Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium including appropriate authentication, access and other security requirements.
- Understand how to provide appropriate access to clients in the absence of Power BI Premium.
- Creation and application of test plans for all aspects of reports.
- Creation of report documentation.
- Participate in regular SDLC activities ranging from estimation, status reporting, SCRUM sessions, design meetings, code reviews etc.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in the design, development and deployment of BI solutions with at least 2 years using Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience with all aspects of Power BI including DAX, M, data integration, visuals, Power BI custom themes, deployment processes etc.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Demonstrated experience with at least one of the following:
- Authoring scripts in Python or R
- Integrating Python and/or R with Power BI
- Row Level Security configuration for Power BI Embedded
- Advanced use of calculation groups (and understanding of the potential impacts on report authoring)
- Experience with data modelling is highly desired
- Experience with multiple Power Platform components is highly desired
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task across tasks and projects within required deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate with business and technical personnel both internally and externally. This includes documentation, presentations and individual analysis sessions.
- Quick learner, self-starter: Looking for a self-starter, who is resourceful with a detail-oriented mindset and uses resources at hand to search for answers and strengthen understanding of projects and tools.