Client Integration Specialist (Data)
Remote - US /
Client Services – Client & Project Management /
LOCATION: U.S. Eastern Time Zone
Must reside in the US – preferably in the Eastern Time Zone. Remote working permitted. Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future. This is a full-time position with benefits. Contractors will not be considered for this position.
Travel will be required up to 2 days a week depending upon location and client requirements – most of our clients currently do not require more than 2 days a month.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impact just about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how it's priced and even where they are placed on the shelf. Our SolaaS (Solution as a Service) solutions are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises.
What you will do
- This is a client-facing role. The ideal candidate must be collaborative, and deadline driven. Because of the nature of our work and our technology, successful candidates must take a growth mindset and be comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to take a proactive, structured approach to achieve results. Results-orientation and deadline driven are critical in our fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate will join a diverse, multi-faceted team to:
- On-board clients onto the Enterra solutions – specifically focused on data:
- Specifying the requirements to the client
- Understanding the data available/received from the client
- Specifying the interface (i.e., transformation) needed to integrate the client data into the Enterra solution data models
- Work closely with client’s business and IT-data groups to achieve above.
- Provide data support and analyze/improve data architectures in support of business processes.
- Provide input to the development of Enterra’s solutionofferings, as a whole, and specifically for individual clients.
Responsibilities also Include
- Work with other Enterra and client teams to:
- Obtain data from the client – sample and full data sets.
- Understand and document:
- the data needed by the Enterra solutions to be enabled for the client
- the data available from the client – including the formats and structures
- the mapping/transformations needed to ingest the client data into the Enterra data models.
- Perform data wrangling to derive and verify mapping to defined metadata and data requirements.
- Determine the impact of any data gaps and determine appropriate mechanisms to address the gaps.
- Identify any specific issues or nuances in client-specific data and determine (with the team) appropriate actions.
- Understand any planned changes that may impact the client data (e.g., creation of a new data lake or other data sources)
- Understand and specify the cadence of data refresh needed to support the client deliverables.
- Develop sustainable processes for cleaning, harmonization, and integration of client-specific data to produce analysis-ready datasets
- Maintain client-specific data scripts, pipelines, and documentation.
- Work with data engineers to ensure the correct implementation of the specifications.
- Test the integrated solution.
- Highlight and specify opportunities or gaps within the Enterra data models
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) subject.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience on-boarding clients onto cloud solutions with large data requirements.
- Experience in data wrangling – data cleansing, transformation etc.
- Knowledge of data analytics and warehousing to extract, transform and load data
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex data sets to both internal teams and client teams. This includes documentation, presentations, and individual analysis sessions.
- Strong documentation skills especially in specifying requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business sense.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Experience in data wrangling and experience with data wrangling technologies such as Alteryx, Trifacta or equivalent.
- Experience programming in Python, Jupyter notebooks or R (or related programming language) for system integration or data analytics.
- Experience in a client-facing/consulting role.
- Knowledge of data technologies such as Databricks, Snowflake or similar.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to clearly communicate with business and technical personnel both internally and externally. This includes documentation, presentations, and individual analysis sessions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, remote environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with the ability to build structure and take a proactive approach to drive results.
- Attention to detail – quality and accuracy in work is essential.
The following additional skills would be a plus:
- Experience in the Consumer Products & Goods (CPG) Industry.
- Experience with one of more of the following technologies: ERP, CRM, API, databases, cloud, data wrangling.
- Experience with one or more of the following advanced technologies: Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Ontologies, Business Rules, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization.
- Experience with statistical or BI packages for analyzing large datasets (Power BI, Tableau etc.).
- Exposure to Agile methods and tools, such as Jira.