Research and Development – Software Development /
Since its inception in 2003, driven by visionary college students transforming online rent payment, Entrata has evolved into a global leader serving property owners, managers, and residents. Honored with prestigious awards like the Utah Business Fast 50, Silicon Slopes Hall of Fame - Software Company - 2022, Women Tech Council Shatter List, our comprehensive software suite spans rent payments, insurance, leasing, maintenance, marketing, and communication tools, reshaping property management worldwide.
Our 2200+ global team members embody intelligence and adaptability, engaging actively from top executives to part-time employees. With offices across Utah, Texas, India, and the Netherlands, Entrata blends startup innovation with established stability, evident in our transparent communication values and executive town halls. Our product isn't just desirable; it's industry essential. At Entrata, we passionately refine living experiences, uphold collective excellence, embrace boldness and resilience, and prioritize diverse perspectives, endeavoring to craft a better world to live in.
If you’re one of the best and brightest, a highly-motivated innovator, a fast worker, and a fierce competitor, you might be just the person we’re looking for! Entrata’s Research and Development department is seeking a Software Engineer. You will spend a lot of time working with senior architects and directors, designing database schema, and laying out the basic code architecture so an offshore team can run with it. You will also be tasked with projects that you will own and see through to completion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Solve technical problems by working closely with Development Managers, UX, Product Managers, and offshore teams
- Designs high-performance database schema and code architecture for their products
- Empower offshore teams to rapidly deliver stable, high-performing, and reliable code. This requires frequent interaction with them by teleconference.
- Reviews and corrects code for quality and design through constant evaluation of product code and getting involved in complicated or sensitive code.
- Maintain database queries and write scalable SQL.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle (back-end and front-end)
- Participate in and advocate for Agile and Scrum activities.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Handle high traffic website operations, be proactive with maintenance, and exhibit problem-solving skills to ensure optimal working and performance of the websites.
- Build interfaces and change existing functionalities and logic of existing code for improvement.
- Understand standard systems development life-cycle processes and apply agile methodology effectively on client & internal engagements.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to the client and internal project.
- 1-5 years of development experience (PHP is preferred)Experience working with web-based applications and processes
- SQL and other database knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ambitious, dedicated, and a little eccentric
- Team oriented, willing to standardize code and architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience with microservices
- Experience working with offshore teams
Naukri Job URL
Members of the Entrata team aren’t just intelligent and ambitious, they’re the living embodiment of another core Value: “Teamwork and Collaboration.” Entrata is dedicated to creating a workplace where a diverse and inclusive team thrives in an environment free from discrimination. We provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
It’s a great place to work! Will you join us?